Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, I am soon going to build an integra turbo motor. I have a couple questions. What engine has the most reliability under turbo boost? would a fully built non-vtec turbo be more reliable then a GSR turbo engine? Also, how long would you expect one of these engines to last under on average, if you were running say 20 pounds of boost?

Check out the best acura integra webpage. www.acuraintegra.info

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
bdteg said:
hey everyone, I am soon going to build an integra turbo motor. I have a couple questions. What engine has the most reliability under turbo boost? would a fully built non-vtec turbo be more reliable then a GSR turbo engine? Also, how long would you expect one of these engines to last under on average, if you were running say 20 pounds of boost?

Check out the best acura integra webpage. www.acuraintegra.info
I'd say do a whole hell of alot of research if you're really going to do this. All OEM blocks are shit on more than 8lbs of boost in my opinion. You're talking about alot of boost which will require precise measurements, building, forged internals, and definately a sleeved block. However for boost you may as well run with a B18A1 or B18B block. Make sure you take it to a good machine shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts