1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?'s about building custom 5th gen prelude

hey all new to this forum but need some info

irecently got back from iraq after getting my dumb self blown up ..... anyhow
i get to collect a nice fat insurance check since i lost one of my fingers and i've been a big fan of upgraded preludes for a long time so i'm looking to build the following:

5th gen us spec prelude probably try to find one with blown motor/trans to save on cost.

h22a type s complete front clip from jdm importer - full swap ... hopefully in excelent shape to save jdm style accesories (headlights badges, intereior pieces, mirrors)

supercharger kit... install to be completed at time of engine swap
brake upgrades
suspension upgrades
body kit

now my issue is this i am a tracked mechanic for the us army for the past 4 yrs .. and have been doing shade tree work for a long time before that

my issue is this
what kind of outsourcing am i going to have to do on parts like wiring harneses? ecu remapping? motor mounts? etc.etc.

any light you can gleam on this for me would be greatly appricated as well as suppliers who could help me with this

sincerly,
SPC Richard Poch, US ARMY 3rd infantry division

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
check out: http://www.phearable.net/

hasport engine mounts... tho stock should be fine, shouldn't it :confused

there's a type s front clip for ~6000 on ebay now, i don't know if the type s would be the best choice in terms of money and for FI... u will also need to consider that it has atts.

what finger did u lose anyways? i hope it was one of the less useful ones :D

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Completing a Type S swap isnt any harder than a regular JDM H22A swap. But you will need a Type SH Prelude because of the ATTS system like said above. If you get a complete swap, you will have the mounts, which are no different than the USDM mounts, engine wiring harness, ecu, etc. As far as exterior parts. There isnt anything really different. Headlights are the same, front clip, minus the lip, and the fenders have the holes for the side markers. So i would just source a strait up Type S swap, instead of a front clip. www.hmotorsonline.com is where i got my Type S swap, along with a few other guys that have recieved H22A as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey i appreciate the help but i already got the front clip next up is having at it and removing everything i am going to salvage and putting it in storage untill later this summer ... thats when the real fun begins i plan on having this car ready to start hiiting up the good shows by next summer.. this is not a rush project... i want to take my time and do this right.. i'm aiming high for my first car ... nopi... hin.... haha the works.. maybe a few sponsors and sema... i doubt the last one but a man has to dream when he's looking at 40,000 usd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.