Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.. I'm looking into a H22 jap spec swap for my Honda accord 1994. I need the works, with tranny and all. I just moved to New Jersey/New York city area and was wondering if anyone knows of an "experienced" mechanic that I can work with and trust. I'd appreciate it if you drop me some info, if you are from around here. thank you much

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you're so bored.. maybe you can tell me what you think.. stick with the 94 accord and go with the H22, and keep this car for life.. or go with a 95 civic si hatch and swap the engine down the road.. I dunno. I love my accord, but I've always had a thing for civics

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
check out bmtranny.com i know they mainly do dsm's but when i was there getting dyno tuned i saw them working on an acura turboin it..and i hear that they do swaps too...

laters!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
stay with ur accord and get the h22, then turbo it

for the swap, if you have a local phone book with the yellow pages, look under automobiles and there should be a category for engine swaps and rebuilds...at least there are for me, i live in hunterdon county, flemington, nj

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks KiddEng for your help. I emailed them just now.

Hey,
samsauma_2000, do you have your engine swapped?.. If so, do you know of any reliable mechanics around your area, cuz I wouldn't mind traveling a little farther to get this done right the first time around.

Thanks for the response guys...

·
Registered
43 Posts
shingomyelin said:
if you're so bored.. maybe you can tell me what you think.. stick with the 94 accord and go with the H22, and keep this car for life.. or go with a 95 civic si hatch and swap the engine down the road.. I dunno. I love my accord, but I've always had a thing for civics
hmm.... accord or the civic...
if you want speed, obviously civic (who doesnt want speed?? :) )
personally, i love civics that are hooked up but i also would never want to own a civic and hook it up cause there are just too many out there already.

if you want a sports car, get a civic or another car cause an accord aint really gonna get you there (unless you gots lots of $$$). but me, i love my accord and wouldnt want to trade it for anything (anything i can afford that is... well, maybe i'd trade it in for the S14... hehe)

·
Registered
85 Posts
hi. ive been going to a place in copiague, ny (long island) on sunrise highway for the past 2 years. Its a place that works on only hondas and acuras. members of bbb and the most knowledgable mechanics and trustworthy i ever met. Its called the honda men aka ASAT. 1148 Sunrise Highway Copiague, NY 11726 631.842.4348 i priced a H22 swap. For labor it will be a minimal of 1,000. but i recommend you get all the belts changed while the engine is out will be cheaper. so maybe 1300 is what it will cost with tax. this place cannot be beat. tell jim or steve Slade sent you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you so much GT2BMW, that's just what I wanted to hear. You have no idea how helpful that is. Now the question is, should I find my own engine, or have them do it?
I'll look into it right when I get finished with exams, thank you guys much

Shing

·
Registered
85 Posts
no problem shing. they dont order engines. you would have to find someone reliable ship it to their store. assuming you purchase all the right parts, the swap can be done in 1-2 days. check out the h22a faq for more info. good luck

·
Registered
231 Posts
if you want comfort and bigger car stick with your accord
but if you want a faster car go a head on the civic.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Full throttle in queens can do h22 swap and have the jdm engines...

go to fullthrottlenyc.com for the #

i think it was 4k for the entire swap into 5th gen accord...

just swapping motor is 700 for labor....

1900 for h22 i think...

no tax if cash, u can bargain of course....give them a ring..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts