Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok .. i have a 95 civic dx and am trying to find information on what would be the best engine swap. I have looked at the B18C1 94+ Integra GSR .. but how is the mounting on the 98 Integra Type R B18C? does it bolt right up like the B18C1? What kind of price am I looking at to get a B18C? any ideas on where to get a good deal for one? any information on this swap would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

· Registered
1,366 Posts
as for the B18C1, i had that in my 92 DX and it bolts right in.
you may need to run one wire for the knock sensor from the engine harness to the ECU which is easy. C5 should be the same.

my 2 cents on the matter is to get the C1 cause it's cheaper and with a few cheaper mods you got as power as the C5.

but i'm not sure of a good place to get the motor at. i got mine from my friend who wrecked his GSR for a nice amount. just remember to get the axles/mounts/harness/ECU when you get the motor. you will definantly need the driver upper mount, the others from the Civic will work if in good shape if you want to save $$.

hope this helps some.

· Registered
1,366 Posts
i would say stick with the GSR, especially if you're gonna rebiuld it in the future. a bit higher comp.(like milling the head), the ITR cams(or better) and a little hand polishing of the comb. chamber and ports(do it yourself) then basically you have an ITR or better setup. minus a few things such as tranny LSD, higher rev from the ECU and the single stage int. man.

there's no way i'd pay $3.5-5K for a B18C5 when you can get the GSR for way less at first and then add a few goodies to match the ITR performance when you get the $$.

of course if you're the kinda person who would rather dish out the extra $$ now so you don't have to mod it as much later then maybe the C5 is for you. don't get me wrong the C5 is great but still overrated in my opinion.

later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.