Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
even though i really cant afford anything like this and probably wont do it to this car unless i hit the freakin lotto ... im just curious

i have a 2k2 civic lx coupe, my question is would i be able to swap my 1.7 i4 for a :
B18C5 1.8L USDM DOHC VTEC 97+ Integra Type R 195hp [thanx whoever posted the engine thingys :p ]

and the other question.. does it matter that my car is automatic?

i know im gonna get flamed but oh well... i drive auto. so :p

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i dont thinks so, its a different generation, you know?

people are putting the newer i-vtec engines (your generation) in 96-00 civics, ive seen some pics and videos,

but as far as the other way araound.... i dont think so...
its illegal to have an older model engine than your actual car anyway.... i would work on suspension, etc...until the prices come down on those type-s engines and the like... then i would swap after its been done a few times.....

but for now, i would get things for your car that you know will carry over after you do the swap, like suspension, maybe an exhuast and cheap intake....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man, thanx for the 411. yeh.. im not all that smart when it comes to performance tuning and such.
im probably just gonna make my car look nice <not to be confused with rice> untill i finish college. freakin performance stuff isnt cheap!!!!! :p thanx again chief.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You'd probably want to look at the RSX-S engine (don't know the code) rather than one of the pre-2001 B-series engines.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Putting a B series or H series into the new Civics(2001 and newer) is not possible without tons of refabercation. You can however put any new K series engine under the hood with a new sub frame. HASport has started producing the new subframe and you will probally see it in the near future. You must still get the proper motor mounts to mount the new engine. Lrt it be known that the K series engines are as interchangable, if not more so, than the B series engines and alot of mixing and matching of parts will bring different outcomes to your engine package. Have fun.

·
Registered
145 Posts
indmand82 said:
oh yeah! i read about the 7gen civ rsx-S engine swap in the 7gen civ forumz. hmmm :rolleyes:
Hey Indy, guess what I am seeing a lot of while I am over here in London... A bunch of the new Civic Type-R's. Very nice... They also have the new Si style in a whole bunch of trims. (3dr, 5dr, Type-R 3dr, etc) Most of the Hatchbacks are Silver/Grey though. I will bring back loads of picts for you to look at. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.