Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

161 - 180 of 195 Posts

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
o yeah...
i don't know what that ribbon thing is on there for.
i don't know if it was lifted by it or anything...
that's just the way the guy had it at his shop.
i'll try and keep posting up my progress, but we'll see.
i'm working on it in my driveway and it's been raining a lot lately
and the only good day (today) i have to write an essay for my philosophy class.
blah.
if you need parts for the z6 let me know I have a shit ton of them. fuel rails intakes alts dizzy's axles you name it I have it. might even have a header somewhere

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
i might take you up on the headers part...
i listed what it's missing in an earlier post so those are the parts i'm going to be looking for later on in the build...
(aka: when i have the money because i'm broke, haha)

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
i might take you up on the headers part...
i listed what it's missing in an earlier post so those are the parts i'm going to be looking for later on in the build...
(aka: when i have the money because i'm broke, haha)
the z6 has only 1 header.

I got the mid/down pipe I got to look for the upper. when you get money let me know what you need I even have a d series si trnas

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
I need a new fuel rail and intake manifold to fit my d15b7, lemem know

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
I need a new fuel rail and intake manifold to fit my d15b7, lemem know
I have a y8 intake mani and fuel rail laying around. I will down in florida this weekend I will be able to pick up the stuff then

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
I have a y8 intake mani and fuel rail laying around. I will down in florida this weekend I will be able to pick up the stuff then
sweet, your my hero :ninja

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
would it be hard to wire the engine to the car/ECU if the engine already came with a harness on it?
what would i need to do?

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Did you check any of the swap websites? I dont know any particular ones, and worst case is that you have to modify your dash to mount a 92-95 civic cluster

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
Did you check any of the swap websites? I dont know any particular ones, and worst case is that you have to modify your dash to mount a 92-95 civic cluster
this would be the best thing to do.

is the harness complete? like ecu plugs and all? if so then your sitting good if not then you need to get one all the way to the ecu. it can work in the car you just need to wire it properly. I would get wire charts for both your car and the car the engine came from then you need ecu pin outs as well. its not hard just time consuming.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
it's just because it's gonna cost me 150 bucks an hour to get a custom wire job and i was gonna try and save myself some money...
the guy said he could do it in about 5 hours...
blah.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Anyone charging that much is trying to take advantage of you. Avoid them at all costs.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
Anyone charging that much is trying to take advantage of you. Avoid them at all costs.
if I do an engine swap and it requires wiring in vtec I add 100 bucks just b/c its a pain in the ass sometimes. of course I take the full wiring harness off and do it properly to make it look stock. repin the ecu, add the wires and plugs then retape and add wire loom. of course I do an engine swap for like 300 bucks so.

if he was near me I would probably do the whole swap for 500-600 + parts. for installing engine tranny wiring and anything else thats needed. could probably do it in a few days

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
if he was near me I would probably do the whole swap for 500-600 + parts. for installing engine tranny wiring and anything else thats needed. could probably do it in a few days
Wow, too bad you live on the other side of the freaking country, that's an awesome deal.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
Wow, too bad you live on the other side of the freaking country, that's an awesome deal.
I'm not a business I'm not in it to make money just enough to cover my troubles. I did head gaskets on a chevy malibu. saved the women 700-1000 bucks. she brought her other vehicles to me as well. all 3 had overheating problems all 3 had different problems causing the issues.

I have another guy on another forum needs a paint job hes a cool guy and just had some major issues with his car and doesn't have the money for the paint job. I told him to bring it over, feed me and we'll get it done.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Im the same way, but dont do wiring for other people. Leave it to my big ass fingers to not have a connection made good enough, only to flare up a few months later. Ill do mechanical shit no problem though, last month I helped a guy new to hondas swap his teggy b16 for a b18, 3 hours later I walked away with 100 bucks. easy money

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
Im the same way, but dont do wiring for other people. Leave it to my big ass fingers to not have a connection made good enough, only to flare up a few months later. Ill do mechanical shit no problem though, last month I helped a guy new to hondas swap his teggy b16 for a b18, 3 hours later I walked away with 100 bucks. easy money
wiring is easy I've built many wiring harness. I say easily over 1000

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
wiring is easy I've built many wiring harness. I say easily over 1000
Wiring is easy, but Ive burned my own harness a couple times on the civic when I was replacing every power wire with a slightly larger gauge (they were corred and causing issues). Finger dexterity is not in my blood :lmao

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
The burning was usually from my connections being too thing or weak, causing a lot more resistance then necessary, also another reason behind going with bigger wire, aside from trying to lower the resistance.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
The burning was usually from my connections being too thing or weak, causing a lot more resistance then necessary, also another reason behind going with bigger wire, aside from trying to lower the resistance.
I either solder or run the wire long enough to do what I want. normally I replace the wire with long wire. no stupid butt connectors here. like I said when i make a harness it will look stock or better than stock, I know my shit

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
I either solder or run the wire long enough to do what I want. normally I replace the wire with long wire. no stupid butt connectors here. like I said when i make a harness it will look stock or better than stock, I know my shit
Thats what I do. I use that plastic or rubber spiral shit to hold the wires together, then finish with that plastic accordian wrap/sheath, whatever you call it, then top it off with a few black zipties.

161 - 180 of 195 Posts