Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok looking into my engine swap in the future not immidiatly but soon and i dont know what engine to get, i am planning on getting the engine and waiting on putting it in and throwing on a turbo for it as well as boring it out and adding new cams and just readoing the entire engine in it, i want to know what will be the best fit in the engine cuz i dont want to have any huge problems with it i was on hmotorsonline.com and found all the engines but dont know what to get will a k20 or a h22 fit into my 96 civic ex? just more questions before i spend all my money on somthing that doesnt fit if anyone could help me out it would be great thanks

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Matt_man60511 said:
ok looking into my engine swap in the future not immidiatly but soon and i dont know what engine to get, i am planning on getting the engine and waiting on putting it in and throwing on a turbo for it as well as boring it out and adding new cams and just readoing the entire engine in it, i want to know what will be the best fit in the engine cuz i dont want to have any huge problems with it i was on hmotorsonline.com and found all the engines but dont know what to get will a k20 or a h22 fit into my 96 civic ex? just more questions before i spend all my money on somthing that doesnt fit if anyone could help me out it would be great thanks
if its between the k20 or h22 i'd go with k20. both will fit but the h22 isn't usually done in civic and is heavier. i'd either go with a k20 or a b18c1 (gsr) or b18c5 (itr). these engines will cost alot tho and even more to turbo. but if you've got the money, go for it

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
luckily Im in a good mood today. so I wont bitch and moan about using the search button thats located at the top of the page

but since you are planning on boosting the motor I would go with a b-series motor. personally I would get the B18B. it has no vtec so there would be less tuning required. and the b-series swap is relatively straight foward. also the b-series would leave enough room in the engine bay to fit all the plumbing for the turbo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.