Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body know if you can swap tl/cl type S engine into a 5th generation accord? what about the 91-95 engine? can they go into the 5th gen. also? no need for.."with enough money you can" and stuff like that.. i am planning to do this kind of swap. everyone seems to go with the H22, but i want to have more torque. thanks!

:)

· Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
culmination said:
yeah you can but that will cost a GRIP load of money. from a practical stand point getting a h22 with a turbo kit will not only be cheaper but will have greater power output.
i'm looking for reliability also, so turbo is out of the question. i dont' want the engine to stress out too much. and i can't buy a V8 camaro and such because i dont' have the money to pay for insurance. i need a 4 door sedan to carry passengers around:)

· Registered
4,608 Posts
well in that case just get a new car... say, INFINITI G35?! it has 4 doors, powerful vq35de engine, comfortable and luxurious!! what more can you ask for?

anyways if you don't want turbo but still want a lot of power, i guess you can be the first one i know to do such a swap. good luck bro~

· Registered
108 Posts
culmination said:
well in that case just get a new car... say, INFINITI G35?! it has 4 doors, powerful vq35de engine, comfortable and luxurious!! what more can you ask for?

anyways if you don't want turbo but still want a lot of power, i guess you can be the first one i know to do such a swap. good luck bro~
U like the g35 better than the acura TL type s?

· Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
i think they would have looked better if nissan kept the R lineup for this generation skyline going and kept the round tail lights with the same RB series motor...yummmm...but hey, there's rumors of it comming to america as the R36.

As for the motor swap w/ h22 turbo, you can make the turboed motor reliable by tuning it right, or you can just get an h23 and turbo that, it's probably a more suitable way to go and you'd save about $10K as opposed to trying to make the J32 fit.

· Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
i think those motors actually lacked any good power much like the 5gen av6 . i had a friend w/ a legend and that shit sucked. plus if you have an i4 accord, the mounts are different for the v6 motors, so you're back to the fitment issues again.

· Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UltraMagneticAL said:
i think those motors actually lacked any good power much like the 5gen av6 . i had a friend w/ a legend and that shit sucked. plus if you have an i4 accord, the mounts are different for the v6 motors, so you're back to the fitment issues again.
its the V6 accord:)

i'm going to get the Type 2 legend motor with 6 speed tranny. if it can propel the 3550lbs into the lower 15's, then it should get this accord into very high 14's with i/h/e at least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.