Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need help with trying to find a good engine to swap into my 95 civic. I have a couple in mind, wich are the following B18C5, H22A, OR A B18. Holla back and tell me what would the best way to go or if theres a nother type of engines that I should look into.:confused:

· Registered
806 Posts
what are your goals? do you want a low 12 second quarter? do you want a naturally aspirated motor that'll get lots of respect? do you have a budget in mind?

heres what i would do. i would get a b18c and get it fully built. resleeved, pnp head, turbo cams, everything. then i would bolt on a RH stage 2 turbo or a drag gen II turbo to it and run it at a high boost. i'd get an lsd too. but thats just me.

· Registered
59 Posts
all motor

my friend had a all motor type R. he had all the bolt-ons and jun stage 2 cams with cower springs and retaniers. with the car un tuned it ran a 14.02 at 102 with a bent right axle and a 2.4 60' we fixed the axle (by the way that was on drag radials) and G -teched a 13.65 at 105. that is a all motor times, not to many times like that around hear

· Registered
243 Posts
get the b16a!

If you want to run turbo or nos, you should get the b16a motor. It cost less leaving you money for addons. They main problem with the b18's is that they are the same size blodcks as the b16a, they are just bored out. This makes the cylinder walls thinner and the compre3ssion higher. This could cause probelms when trying to use forced induction. building up a b16a the same as a b18 will last longer and the horsepower is comparable, there isn't much of a difference between them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.