Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a quick question.. :confused ... What is the complete list of engines that can be swaped in to a 97 honda civic.... With only 2 more car payments left its time to get a new engine for my ride.. :D .. I was thinkin either a 97 GSR or Type-R or even the K20 from the RSX if it will fit.. :aww .. And how much power do you think I might be able to squeeze out of my D16y8 I think is the engine code its the EX version.. Thanx for tha help

·
Registered
107 Posts
well with the right amount of money, and time.. you can have any engine you want into your car :) a GSR would be a good choice, a k20 would eat your wallet.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
You should try searching man, theres all kinds of info available if you search. But anyways, I'll be nice and answer your question, your looking at around $6k for the motor, tranny and ecu. The complete swap will probably be range around $7-9k. Its a very pricey swap.

Just look around in the Hybrid/JDM forum. Theres lots of info there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I just read that if I did the swap the k20 oil pan would only be 3 from the ground at stock ride height. :( Not good. I guess I'll go with the 97 GSR... And normal swap is a around a $1,000 for the labor, or something like that I heard... :confused

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.