Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How Hard Is it to tune your car properly with air mixture and all stuff like that per say if you had a lap top and a piggyback like the greddy emanage or even a stnadalone like the power FC. Does it take a genuis to learn what fuel map is correct and stuff like that I'm pretty with computers and programs but have never used a program like that b4. I just want to know what you guys use and if its hard to tune ie do you need a dyno. but why would you need a dyno if you can capture your readouts right on your laptop while your driving or you friend is driving?? Kinda dumb to have some one tune for you if you already have the equipment. I mean some programs come with 3-D graphs and stuff why can't we just follow those and go from there I mean trial and error right just make sure you don't lean out lol. let me know what you guys use and what you think about my theory of tuning.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
It takes a lot of time and patience, the purpose of the dyno is you will get consitant loads on the engine, also you can do a 4th gear pull so the rpms wont climb so fast and you can keep a closer watch on what yor A/F and timing is doing in relationship with the rpms and numbers you are putting down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts