Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have comments on them?

im thinking about getting one. but i want to know if they are loud or not.

if you have any other quiet mufflers, only mufflers, suggestions that can go on tegs...please list. also, they must have good flow numbers.

i already know about the ITR muffler.

thanks.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
14,616 Posts
i never heard of them, but that doesn't mean everything.. got a link?

what do you know about the ITR muffler?

i've heard (and read) good things about the mugen twin loop and the comptech....
 

· Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clayton said:
i never heard of them, but that doesn't mean everything.. got a link?

what do you know about the ITR muffler?

i've heard (and read) good things about the mugen twin loop and the comptech....
heres a link to a site selling it...http://www.inlinefour.com/estunsysovun.html

they are universal mufflers. i hear different comments on them from different people about the sound they make....some say quiet, others say loud.

i was planning on welding it on to the greddy piping i already have.

i know the ITR muffler is a good muffler if you want something with decent flow numbers, but are concern about noise. i would get one in a second, but they cost about $200.

comptech and mugen are great...but im already complaining about the $200 ITR muffler.

also, looking stock would be nice too. just not a high priority.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
14,616 Posts
have you thought about one of the offerings from magnaflow? they make tons of different mufflers and they are around the same price as the ITR, but brand new.

all i can 'say' about the ES is it looks nice and shiny, and gets a good review from the site selling it... i have always known straight-through mufflers to flow better than chambered ones.

what's wrong with your greddy?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clayton said:
have you thought about one of the offerings from magnaflow? they make tons of different mufflers and they are around the same price as the ITR, but brand new.

all i can 'say' about the ES is it looks nice and shiny, and gets a good review from the site selling it... i have always known straight-through mufflers to flow better than chambered ones.

what's wrong with your greddy?
ive never looked into magnaflow, im going to do that now.

if i had $200 i would get the ITR muffler, and that price is brand new also.

ES is straight through...does that means its going to be loud?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
14,616 Posts
Dramatek said:
ES is straight through...does that means its going to be loud?
most likely. maybe you could get a bigger resonator.

i will leave this thread to those a little more experienced.. who knows, maybe somebody on here has heard one or owns one.. even if not, i'm sure if the right ppl look at this thread, you'll get help finding a quieter muffler for a decent price.

good luck.

hey BTW, you're not running a test-pipe are you?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
clayton said:
most likely. maybe you could get a bigger resonator.

i will leave this thread to those a little more experienced.. who knows, maybe somebody on here has heard one or owns one.. even if not, i'm sure if the right ppl look at this thread, you'll get help finding a quieter muffler for a decent price.

good luck.

hey BTW, you're not running a test-pipe are you?
thanks....

no, no test pipe. stock cat, and greddy SP catback.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
i dont wanna repeat myself so imma copy and paste from the other thread retaining to this muffler

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69281

"i have it on my si, it has a stock appearance(no hassle from cops) and it is very nice, its quiet when compared to most other mufflers, has a very nice clean tone to it, i have a clip of it on a civic hatch bak with a ITR engine swap, yea i picked mine up from jdmhonda parts dot com ,also on inside of the car ull hear the deep tone of it but its not too loud to where u cant talk and on outside if ur just crusing people may not hear it much till u gun it....id recommend not running a resonator with this muffler, its not needed but u can if u want

it reminds me of the mugen exhuast from outside of car, i have clips of those if needed too


heres a clip

http://www.jdmuniverse.com/hybridhatch/webpage//video/DanShaq4.mpeg

it sounds much better on the outside


heres more

http://www.jdmuniverse.com/hybridhatch/webpage//video/DanShaq3.mpeg

http://www.jdmuniverse.com/hybridhatch/webpage//video/DanShaq2.mpeg

http://www.jdmuniverse.com/hybridhatch/webpage//video/DanShaq5.mpeg
 

· Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
lol if you say, doesn't the ITR muffler sound stock? i know when i saw a stock R i didn't hear anything, oh well, its quieter then average muffler, you do know ITR once in VTEC are very loud which is becuase of the head, so u shouldn't even expect yours to be that loud becuase there is a ITR motor under the hood
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top