Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone played it or has it? I've actually been looking for it for a week or so, and just today I found out that it wasn't the NBA2K series anymore, now it's ESPN Basketball. Is it still the same, with improvements? Is Antoine Walker still on the Celitcs in it?

·
Registered
838 Posts
i have both live 2k4 and espn nba .. i like espn nba much better, gameplay is nice and graphics are beautiful. like espn nfl, franchise is just ok, could have better stats tracking and stuff. nba live, what i like most is the controls with 2 buttons for shooting, one for layups/dunks and one for shooting. great idea. its better than last years version but i like espn gameplay better. And about the rosters, I downloaded the latest rosters. www.xbox-saves.com or you can use action replay and go to www.codejunkies.com

espn ncaa basketball just came out also and u can import draft classes into espn nba. good stuff :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
ive always had this thing for the Sega series that i never liked..well actually a few things...i seriously hate it how ur guards will hardly ever make an inside shot when a big man challenges it...ill pump fake..get the big man in the air..have a clear shot and it still rolls out...also how u will make like 90% of your shots when your open. i was playin my friend and i was using the Nets..lets jus say Kidd had 82 points...and i made 24 threes while playin 5 min quarters...all i did was set a pick..run behind it and pull up....ESPN basketball is still a great game tho. ive always liked it more than Live.

NBA Live 2004....i like the control of the game...how theres 2 shoot buttons...how u can control ur dribble alot easier than ESPN...and definately love the kicks u can buy. i jus dont like how it has that arcadish kinda feel to it. and that drop step/power dribble move is very abusable...and that off ball play is also abusable for an alley-oop..

im jus waiting for NBA Inside Drive 2004. i really liked 2003 last year...i played that over Live and Sega 2k3...Inside Drive has alot of things that i liked...i like the step back move...looks real smooth...i like how its alot harder to blow out the computer than Live and Sega...also the free throw shooting...damn i cant stress enough about free throw shooting...in Live and Sega u can shoot 100% FTs if ur good enough..in Inside Drive even though u hit it on the spot..u can still miss depending on ur players FT shooting ability...like with Shaq..u can get it perfect everytime but he wont hit 100% of his free throws..i really liked that feature...cause seriously..when ur down late in the 4th..why even foul in most games...they wont miss the free throw..

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got ESPN Bastketball a couple of days ago and I love it. The improvements are nice. Man, that game is soo addicting. I love how there is soo much more player movement w/o the ball now. The game really has that realistic feel too it, almost feels like you are really playing the game. I had heard that the Live series felt too arcadey, so it was out of the question to get that one. Plus, i've owned everyone one of the NBA2K series.

·
Registered
838 Posts
i been playing ESPN College Hoops mostly now cuz u can import the draft class to 2K4. So Ill finish a season in College first then simulate 2k4 season and start the next season in 2K4 (I create myself as a senior in college hoops so I can draft myself onto the Magic) :D

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ekk said:
i been playing ESPN College Hoops mostly now cuz u can import the draft class to 2K4. So Ill finish a season in College first then simulate 2k4 season and start the next season in 2K4 (I create myself as a senior in college hoops so I can draft myself onto the Magic) :D
The Magic need all the help they can get this season!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.