·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
god damnit...

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Lotus Carlton (Omega), this was the car we had on our walls at school, for 10 years running it was the fastest production saloon car in the world!

This is the kinda Machinary Vauxhaul/GM used to turn out
Dont forget this was all in 1990!
Specifications
Top speed - +189 mph (304 km/h)
Peak power - 377 hp (281 kW) @ 5200 rpm
Acceleration - 0-60 mph (97 km/h) : 5.2 sec., 0-100 mph (160 km/h) : 11.5 sec.
Peak torque - 419 lb·ft (568 N·m) @ 4200 rpm
Engine displacement - 3615 cc
Engine type - Twin turbocharged straight six-cylinder
Configuration - Front-engined, rear-wheel drive
Transmission - Six-speed ZF manual
Weight - 3,666 lb (1,663 kg)
Production - 950 units
Price - £48,000
186mph

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
twas quite the beast.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
ive actually stood in front of this car once in my life and never knew what i was looking at, but i DO remember, its presence demanded respect and its aura crushed my souls soul.

ladies and girls....i present to you...(prepare to wet ya panties..)
1984 Bmw M635

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #166

DO WANT ONE OF THESE!!!

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
This weekend i was making Euro cars handle like crazy!

The victim, E36 328i sport with Avis pack and lots of M options

The toys

Front done, for any one swapping out suspension on a E36 the fronts are ridiculous 3 top nuts and three bolts lower down, tap the hub towards yourself remove strut and refit is as easy as removal!

Now the rear which was slightly more difficult, involves a BIG pry bar to leaver the suspension down pop the spring out and new in, we used new everything, rubbers top mounts the works!
And this is the forth BMW of this shape that i have come across with a rear snapped spring! they eat them!
:ahh

And now the achilles heel of the E36, weak arse rear top shock mounts

Easily fixed with some knolage and some parts robbed from the Z3/E36 M3:ninja
Strengthening plate

Finished idea, added body strength and no shockers popping through in the boot and at about £20 why wouldn't you do it?:lol

The end result was blinding, it turns in better is way more stable, drives the same as OME untill you give it grief then shit comes alive!

Next month stainless tubular manifold . . . .

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Nice! I put coilovers on an E36 M3 once, fun cars to work on, surprisingly the suspension came apart rather easily.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
You know, I don't recall seeing this in the thread thus far, but Seriously I think we did overlook one of the top 3 most BEAUTIFUL cars of ALL TIME! The E-Type!

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
You know, I don't recall seeing this in the thread thus far, but Seriously I think we did overlook one of the top 3 most BEAUTIFUL cars of ALL TIME! The E-Type!

I don't know why but i really hate them :(
I hate the looks and the shape, But everyone loves them :dunno:

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
really? Of all people I figured you would have liked them. Maybe they're too played out in the UK?

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
really? Of all people I figured you would have liked them. Maybe they're too played out in the UK?
No trust me it's just me, my friends cream over them but i wouldn't have one given, well maybe to sell to buy this :mwaha

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
I saw that vid, pretty in-tents!

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
well you could put up a euro accord, that counts I guess, but there are so many other cars that rape the accords face that you could post, like that e46

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
SUPERPRODUCTION (super turismo)
Back in the late 80's when Group B cars dominated, the manufacturers were running SUPERPRODUCTION track cars, basically put group B technology and run it in a touring car chassis, the cars were mostly turbo charged with stupid HP.
Because the excitement of Group B was hitting the headlines the Touring scene was less well covered but some ridiculous cars were turned out.

No noise or power restrictions in them days :D
It was like the Euro take on the Super Silhouette.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
real mans racing, IMO. I love that stuff. The fire breathing, no holds bar race car, with no electronics driven by some regular guy. Took real skill imo

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
amen

161 - 180 of 211 Posts