Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Euro Rivals Put Brakes On Spercars, NSX & GTR

Japanese plans to take the supercar world by storm have been put on hold - because European rivals are being viewed as just too powerful.

Originally, Honda, Nissan and Toyota had considered introducing theirNSX, GT-R and Supra replacements by 2005. However, since the launch of Europeans rivals such as Lamborghini's 571bhp Murciélago, the 660bhp Ferrari Enzo and 462bhp Porsche 911 GT2, the debuts have now been pushed back.

At the Tokyo show, Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn said: "We will launch the GT-R in 2007, but not before." Sources from Honda, meanwhile, said that the company's new NSX, based on the radical HSC concept, won't appear before 2006. Engineers have been ordered back to the drawing board to produce machines capable of matching their European rivals' huge output.

Currently, Japanese firms are bound by a gentleman's agreement to keep to less than 280bhp. But petrol and electric hybrid engines allow makers to develop powerful units without compromising fuel efficiency or emissions standards.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?news/ae_news_story.php?id=41396

hahahaha
this is the biggest bunch of crock i have ever heard/seen.
haha. the europeans have been producing these super cars/super expensive cars for decads.....they are saying the japanese finally just noticed? hahaha:um:

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
EJMH said:
Who made the gentlemans aggreement, and why?
The mfgs. & the Japanese govt.. In the interest of public safety. They self-policed before the govt. stepped in to do it for them. The road conditions in Japan are not the same as in the US or Europe, so while their rules are seemingly strange, they're made for their needs.

BTW: That's why the japanese mfgs. are legendary at understating the max. outputs of their cars. (Mazda's RX-8 being the exception...:rolleyes: )

· Registered
1,170 Posts
divinewisdom said:
not just the car, the company [mazda] as a whole doesnt understand the concept.
seriously...this isn't the first time for mazda. look @ the miata in years past. its sad that a company of this size could "accidently" do something like this twice

· Registered
5,160 Posts
so.. after 2006 or 2007 more japanese super car coming out from japan right??

· Registered
1,170 Posts
speaking of ratings...how bout the new 04 s2k being as usual, very underatted from the factory. s 2 k i .com got ahold of a few 04 s2ks, and they're making about 26 hp more on the dyno (@ the fly) then the 00-03 models. very happy to hear that. i knew that there was no way honda was going to increase the displacment .2 liters and remain @ the same hp level. though, it looks like honda really optimized the fuel settings w/ this ecu, and changed cam profiles as well

· Registered
17,723 Posts
DAFeLUNG said:
speaking of ratings...how bout the new 04 s2k being as usual, very underatted from the factory. s 2 k i .com got ahold of a few 04 s2ks, and they're making about 26 hp more on the dyno (@ the fly) then the 00-03 models. very happy to hear that. i knew that there was no way honda was going to increase the displacment .2 liters and remain @ the same hp level. though, it looks like honda really optimized the fuel settings w/ this ecu, and changed cam profiles as well
i heard that the torque numbers were alot better to

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Another example is the Skylines which are legendary for coming off of the factory production line w/ more HP then stated by the company. Another "don't ask, don't tell" nod to the government's sensibilities.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.