Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

i was wondering if anyone from you guys could post pictures of your rides??
i'm converting my 1996 Civic Vti to the european domestic market look.
thanks.

by the way, here's a picture of my ride..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's the rear view... i want to make it clean stock as possible..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the enginebay....no major modifications..
just the grounding kit, shortram intake and 8.8mm hi tension sparkplug wires

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
well the civic looks pretty good, seems like you keep it clean.
one thing i would do is remove those bumper guards, i know how the car gets bumped or hit all the time. but personaly i would not put them on my car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shift said:
well the civic looks pretty good, seems like you keep it clean.
one thing i would do is remove those bumper guards, i know how the car gets bumped or hit all the time. but personaly i would not put them on my car.

those bumper guards are an OEM/stock for the EUROPEAN/JDM 96-98models
only the USDM did not have these bumper guards and besides, taking them off will leave some holes on the bumper. its the real stuff..not an aftermarket accessories. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks! its the real stuff...very expensive and hard to find headlight washers

·
Registered
37 Posts
testdrive said:
thanks! its the real stuff...very expensive and hard to find headlight washers
good looking car!
now some questions to you :D
is this the ek3?d16 engine?i have never seen in greece this engine on ek's.in greece the ek comes only with the b16 engine and the d15 vtec(ek3).i am still wondering why honda gave the code ej9 to the 1.4 lt model, and the the ek code only to the ek3 and ek4.honda uses the ej code mainly fot the coupe version of the civic, as far as i know.

concerning the headlight washers,they might look pretty but they spoil all the aerodynamics of the car

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes, its a D16z engine(SOHC VTEC 127hp), available only in asia and u.s. ,this can be found also in europe wherein some particular models was imported. I believed the VTI's in europe has B16a engines mounted on them, here in asia, the civic with B16 engines are SiR or Si with 160hp, and type R came with B16 also but with 185hp...civics here are called EK, the hatch with D15b are called EK4/EK3 depends on what engine it came with, EK9 is the type R.
regarding the headlight washer's aerodynamics, i dont think it will spoil the it, these are original honda parts and has a rounded appearance for aerodynamics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi. can you post pics of your ride pls. and if you can also post pics of stock austrian civics, i would really appreciate it thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts