Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started to install a JR racing SC on a 94 jdm GSR (95 hatch).Step 12 calls for the disconnection of the purge cutoff valve harness. After about 45 minutes of head scratching I determined that I don't have one.The purge line from the canister goes directly to the manifold w/o a valve. Everything has worked great and no CI lights. I believe the valve would stay closed until the engine is warm and then open (and stay open while warm). Does this sound right and is there any harm in leaving it connected w/o a cutoff valve?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
You will need to cut the line on the Evap Purge Soleniod to spice in the fuel enrichment relay. Thats why it sayd to take the harness off. If you are not using it then you don't have to worry about that step.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the pictures....I don't have a purge valve and I will be using the jr map controller.....just wanted to confirm that connecting the canister directly w/o a valve isn't a problem...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could some one tell me or post pics of where I should connect the vac lines from the charcoal canister off a 94reg obd1 civic that previously had a b16a out of factory but I have now upgraded to a b18c integra type r motor. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.