Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how much it cost's to get you car painted with marble paint? i saw a eclipse today painted pink (dont like the color just the look of the paint) but the paint just looked really nice. anyone got any pics or info on this paint?

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
"marble"? Is that like a "splash anodization" technique, or the PPG "chameleon" technique, or something different?:confused:

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Marble? there are flakes/pearls that look like marble. Made by House of Kolor. they sell them by the jar and are meant to go over the paint. If ya want, I'll show ya my catalog of House of Kolor stuff.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
hndasedan1 said:
Marble? there are flakes/pearls that look like marble. Made by House of Kolor. they sell them by the jar and are meant to go over the paint. If ya want, I'll show ya my catalog of House of Kolor stuff.
Do have have a link? I'm getting curious about what it looks like. Thanks!;)

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
what the... said:
If that car in your sig is yours, I'd stick with that IMO :tu:
Not sure if it's his car but I don't think it is... Somebody used to post car show photos in the Gallery section from Crow City meets. Dang can't remember right now... :um:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shiba-Kun said:
Not sure if it's his car but I don't think it is... Somebody used to post car show photos in the Gallery section from Crow City meets. Dang can't remember right now... :um:
no that was me. i had to change my user name cause i forgot my password.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
bullet said:
no that was me. i had to change my user name cause i forgot my password.
Oh! So that's it. I remember you had pics or motorcycles, SUV's, corn, etc. and peeps would chit-chat about it. Stuff like that.:blahblah:

So what's up with the "marble" paint technique?:confused:

·
Registered
899 Posts
it is regualr paint that is sprayed with a marbalizer (marble look) and while it is wet you put saran wrap on the wet paint and swirl it around with your fingers. Then it dries and bam, you have marbilzed paint.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
super_civic said:
it is regualr paint that is sprayed with a marbalizer (marble look) and while it is wet you put saran wrap on the wet paint and swirl it around with your fingers. Then it dries and bam, you have marbilzed paint.
was going to say the same exact thing. I have actually seen the process done in person and let me tell you this... it takes skill...VERY costly around 5g's and up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts