Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, everyone, here's a post from another thread, getting alot of questions and such about how I did this, so here it is. Good luck all!! :D Pics in my gallery. Wish I could attach pics.. :cry

I have a 98 Civic EX and just went from stock lights to blue LED gauges.
It's easy as hell:

You need:

Phillips head screwdriver.(Magnetic helps not to lose screws )
6 - size 74 LED (color of your choice
1 - size 194 LED lights (probly 4 or 8, but I went with a 7440 15 LED (BRIGHT! ) but I had to modify the plug on the 7440 to make it fit.)

take out 2 screws on top of black plastic surrounding gauges.
take out 4 screws around gauges.
Pull gauges out. You will need to unplug the harnesses at the back of the gauge cluster. Just pinch the vertical clip and pull them out.

Now you will see some lights screwed into a plastic backing. Just unscrew the small brown ones, and place your size 74 lights in there. (4 on back, and 2 on the front at the top.)
Then unscrew the large one, replace with your size 194 light, and replace everything.

Reinstall in reverse, and takes about 15 minutes.

Lights (LEDs) can all be found pretty cheap at www.superlumination.com.

GOOD LUCK!! ENJOY YOUR NEW GAUGES!!
reps returned and appreciated...

Reactions: egvtec

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BurntRubber87 said:
You are way too excited about LED lights.
Don't knock it, man. It's pretty cool, I think. So FU!!! :fu
hahaha

·
Registered
624 Posts
I think it's a neat idea, and I might just do something like the becuase my backlight is going out on my cluster. I just wouldn't personally use blue. I like amber like in the Si. :)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
civicilian said:
Don't knock it, man. But yes, I enjoy doing things to my car that involve little money and make a visible difference, and I thought everyone might want to check this out. My bad.
I was just messin' with ya'. I like doin' little stuff too. Like I have a red bulb for my dome light, it was like 75 cents and a pretty cool lookin' mod.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
It seems like a slick idea. Are you going to change all of your dash lights over to blue LED too?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
inmycivicex said:
looks good, but looks like it would be hard to see the needles
It was, so then I decided to leave the top 2 lights in the front white, and now the needles show up just like stock, but the numbers and all is nice and bright and blue.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
KillerEK said:
It seems like a slick idea. Are you going to change all of your dash lights over to blue LED too?
Yes, and probly will add a vtec light thanks to killercivic with the idea... :D
Sorry, people, trying to fix my sig.

·
Registered
382 Posts
any of you guys know where to get some gauge needles that light up....I put a dash kit in awhile back and now without indiglo's its getting hard to see the needles

·
Registered
259 Posts
i don't mean to jack the thread or anything, but i just wanted to know the easest was to get off your needles. because i put white faces in my car and i broke my fuel and water temp needles. i didn't break the actual needle but i broke the litte pin that the needle sits on. I just wanted to know because when i get a new cluter and then switch over my white face gauges this doesn't happen again. Plus im going to do the light mod sence i have the cluster out!

·
Registered
527 Posts
SmurfedOutCivic said:
any of you guys know where to get some gauge needles that light up....I put a dash kit in awhile back and now without indiglo's its getting hard to see the needles
get a v-afc :clap like me then you never worry about speed until you see the blue and red lED's in your rear view. :lmao

1 - 15 of 15 Posts