Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
i dont believe it because it doesnt even show the whole body frame of the evo, just the rust. It could be another car. Even i cand do domething stupid like that, i can just take pix of other rust spots from other cars and say that it was rust of of a viper.:p :lol2: :sleep:

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
"JDM Sol" said:
i dont believe it because it doesnt even show the whole body frame of the evo, just the rust. It could be another car. Even i cand do domething stupid like that, i can just take pix of other rust spots from other cars and say that it was rust of of a viper.:p :lol2: :sleep:
maybe u should read the thread link that was posted... more than 1 owner found rust in that area :rolleyes:

·
Registered
555 Posts
divinewisdom said:

alot of the guys are finding rust on their evo's.
but i dont get it, why in the hell would these people take the bumper and frame apart to find rust? were they just bored or something?
Wow.. very old thread.. i remember reading that.. i'm not sure but if i remember corecttly, Alfriedsq (the user who took the pics on Evom) took out the bumper to take out the rear-beam accident support.. to shed some weight...

He did have the fasted Evo 8 in America, Along the lines i herd it got in a crash or he lost it or something, i don't remember.. but Alfried has had a WRX with a Spec C tranny and engine i belive.. and he had around a 500-600 whp Evo 8!!! Hvn't herd from him in sometime...

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Evo rust problems?

I4K20C said:
Wow.. very old thread.. i remember reading that.. i'm not sure but if i remember corecttly, Alfriedsq (the user who took the pics on Evom) took out the bumper to take out the rear-beam accident support.. to shed some weight...

He did have the fasted Evo 8 in America, Along the lines i herd it got in a crash or he lost it or something, i don't remember.. but Alfried has had a WRX with a Spec C tranny and engine i belive.. and he had around a 500-600 whp Evo 8!!! Hvn't herd from him in sometime...
yea, but the thing is, if you take any car apart like that we are bound to find rust even the BMW and benz

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Evo rust problems?

divinewisdom said:
yea, but the thing is, if you take any car apart like that we are bound to find rust even the BMW and benz
unless the car made from plastic... even with carbon frame, it must use some metal bolts to make sure the car doesnt fall apart.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Evo rust problems?

HondaFreak4Eva said:
overtime tho.. not as fast as this one.. no?
not really. if the car isnt painted in the frame it will most likely get rusty withing weeks. especially if you are shipping it in via sea. the cars sit in the docks up to weeks, in the moister and the harsh environment. who knows.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
divinewisdom said:
freaking mrmyz haha
i am gone for like an 30 mins, come back and my box is full with like 50 new mails, all due to mrmyz and dodolaje posts.
dem whores haha. haha ;)
jkjk
hahahah well i didnt reply most thread nowadays since i dont have internet connection at my current apt. once my apt fully renovated and cable modem back online then. u ll see more replies. :D

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Evo rust problems?

divinewisdom said:
not really. if the car isnt painted in the frame it will most likely get rusty withing weeks. especially if you are shipping it in via sea. the cars sit in the docks up to weeks, in the moister and the harsh environment. who knows.
wow is that mean most imported cars have these problem? remind me of the cargo ship that sunk in UK that transporting BMWs to US

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.