Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they keep saying it is base on caliber platform or maybe caliber is base on evo platform.like the wheels.

http://www.speedsportlife.com/2006/07/10/spied-mitsubishi-evo-x-production-prototype/

The spies at over at Priddy & Co. were fruitful on their hunt earlier today as they picked off what appears to be a prototype of the upcoming Mitsubishi Evo X. Details are slim right now, but we know that the Evo X will debut in the 2008 Model Year, and is based off the GS Platform also used on the current Dodge Caliber. Rumors are that this iteration of the Evo will feature more than 300 horsepower, and will be put on a diet resulting in a curb weight significantly less than that of the current Evo. We’ll keep you posted as more details surface on this next generation import hot rod.

·
Registered
794 Posts
ak47m203 said:
...Rumors are that this iteration of the Evo will feature more than 300 horsepower, and will be put on a diet resulting in a curb weight significantly less than that of the current Evo...
That's all I have to hear, music to my ears =).

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
resembles a mazda with all the camo.

but not a far cry from the prototype design, well, at least from the front for now:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Kane317 said:
That's all I have to hear, music to my ears =).
sweet.............and it look like they gonna keep that weird looking front end OH I AM SO IN LOVE

·
Registered
5,160 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really dislike the direction they're going with the Evo X. The overall shape of it looks like a Charger/300/Magnum with an import twist. Well considering Chrysler and company co-developed it so they could use the platform to build that horrendous Calibur, it makes sense. I know I'm biased, but it just doesn't seem to be a car spirited by Mitsubishi.

I guess I really don't like the direction most import companies are going these days (exterior design wise). Maybe I'll get used to some of them, but I don't know if I can ever really like the Evo X since I like the previous ones so much. I wanted an Evo X with smoother, more elegant lines, like the past renditions. The new one has really bold and weird curves along with odd shaped head lights and tail lights. I'm not too fond of that tacky gas lid at all and the rims look really chunky. As a whole though, it looks too bulky.

The car doesn't have anything instantly identifiable that signifies it's an Evo either, why didn't they even keep a similar hoodscoop to the last generation or something like that? Look at the wikipedia picture of all the incarnations. The X doesn't seem to blend in with the rest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Evolution_of_Evo.JPG#file

Seriously, I'm not railing on any of you guys who like the new Evo. I'm just expressing the way I feel about it, which doesn't mean it won't be a good car. I'm sure the performance will blow the previous Evo out of the water.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Not really crazy about it... the new Evolution doesn't look like any other Evo I've seen... kinda straying from their design trend. I always thought "Well, the new STi is ugly as sin, but at least the Evo still looks nice"

You said that this is the way that Japanese car companies are going? If that means that all Japanese cars will now be totally ugly, then you're probably right... lol

~Peace

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
this is the spy shot of the base Lancer not the Evo X as confirmed by AutoWeek. I like the way this Lancer is headed. Can't have same basic face for 10 generations straight. Mitsu needs to find its mark and go for it. They have been headed in a million directions and it shows on sales paper and styling. They need a clear path and stay on it. Like Mazda with their aim to be the Japanes BMW

·
Registered
593 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
The concept has one of the best looking front ends I've ever seen.
I agree 100%. I think the current EVO is ugly. Looks like the people who designed the Pontiac Aztec designed the current EVO (exterior-speaking).

·
Registered
112 Posts
IISaiNtII said:
resembles a mazda with all the camo.

but not a far cry from the prototype design, well, at least from the front for now:

that front end looks mean and pissed off. I love it.

Dr. Evo says itll be so much superior than the Evo 9

·
Registered
83 Posts
ak47m203 said:
they keep saying it is base on caliber platform or maybe caliber is base on evo platform.like the wheels.

http://www.speedsportlife.com/2006/07/10/spied-mitsubishi-evo-x-production-prototype/

Why are they trying to hide the car behind bra's. Concept images have changed very little in the 6+ months they've been released not including the cars concept debut earlier this year.

Either way, I still prefer the VII/VIII/IX style, but the X is definately hot. Especially in black as pictured. :number1

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
To let you guys know that is not the EVO X. It is the new Lancer Ralliart. If this is old news sorry, I just found ou today.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.