Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
is it honestly surprising that a car that weighs less and has more hp won the race?
stock for stock, the s4 goes 250hp, and about 3300, while the evo is 270hp and 3100-3200(?)

the only thing the s4 has going for it is tons of low end torque, available at 1800rpm...

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I'd still take the Audi over the EVO anyday. But that's just my preference.

·
Registered
215 Posts
never drove an Audi, but I'd take the evo over the S4. Hey, my friend drive the Evo at an amazing 150.00mph on a corner like nothing. Evo has a better heritage IMO.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
do you know the heritage of the S line of audi?
goes back way beyond the evo.
do some research on the S line.

ever heard of the audi UR Quattro?

5 cylinder heritage, big boost, and sick suspension, going back into the late 70's, far before the evo was even a thought.

go drive an s4. i'd take one any day over an evo

your friend drove an evo around a corner at 150?
did you know the top speed, as tested by motor trend (or maybe it was car and driver) is about 147 for the evo... and that's on a banked oval, designed for top speed...

so i guess your friend wasn't going 150...

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
well...
after some research, i owe you a slight apology.
motor trend, june 2003, page 94.
they got the evo up to 156.

on a test track. on a perfect day. with no traffic.

i don't know that you're going to get that fast.

if you get some video footage, please post it, we'd love to see it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I didn't say it was a tight corner, but put it this way. On my turbo LS-T I find myself trying to hold on tight when cornering at 120mph on the same corner. For those of you who live in Socal, and more precisely San Fernando Valley, it is off the 210 West going down to Lake View Terrace, It passes right between Sunland and Shadow hills. I once was messing around with a new 350z on the same corner and it was way under 150 on the same corner and it struggled like a mofo. okay, footage soon to come.

quick question, does Audi compete in Rally?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Huh_Oh Shit! said:
that was sweet!!! that S4 was keepin up real close and got him off the line too.... i would take an S4 overn an EVO any day!!!! ride with performance and luxury...
The S4 got him off the line because if you look at it close i dont think the evo was doing much thought of racing. I think he realized it after the S4 spun it tires.
My friends got a GSX, from experience i know that awd turbo detroys off the line. Off a role different story. Getting back to the point. IMO I think if the evo was really reving up getting ready to race i dont think the S4 would have stood much of a chance at all.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.