Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
But to answer your question, no they are not the same. I believe Si springs are a tad lower and shocks a bit stiffer
yup si had more of a "sport tuned suspension" as the ex had more of a "comfort" suspension.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I got these from ClubSi.com:

96-00 EX - 165F/80R (P/P)
99-00 Si (EM1) - 201F/99.8R (P/P)
97, 00-01 ITR - 250F/250R (L/P)
GS-R - 200F/95R (P/P)
CTR - 240/240 (L/P)

I doubt you will notice much of a difference. I would suggest finding some ITR springs (as that is what I have) if you only want better handling and not a lot of lowering. With my stock shocks (which were nowhere close to blowing because they are still relatively soft and hardly lowered my car at all...like maybe 3/4" at most) they were pretty good and with the Koni yellows they are even better. I found my springs for $60 and I'm sure they made a bigger difference than if I had bought Si springs and shocks together. Just a suggestion...

·
Registered
466 Posts
kommon_sense said:
you do know that the si weighs more than your car right and you might actually end up with a *lifted* car. someone had a pic of a hatch with an si suspension and it looked like a 4x4, but the hatch was also 3-400lbs lighter than the si.
That's exactly what everyone said was going to happen to my car with the ITR springs, but you know what? it did lower it a very small amount. These springs are meant to hold the entire weight of the car, the very small weight difference between an EX and Si won't make a huge difference. Anyway, the L means a linear rate spring and P means progressive rate spring. Linear means it's the same spring rate throughout, progressive means that the coils on the top side are usually not as harsh so when driving around it feels nice, but as you compress the spring it gets progressively stiffer.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
klungemonger said:
An EX and Si are only 99lbs difference...that's no biggie, I mean your girlfriend probably weighs twice that anyhow right? ;) :D j/k

No really though, $80 is pretty cheap for the entire package, and it's something to do to make you feel better if you havent' done any mods in a while!
cool. yeah i don't have a g/f....... :mad damn cheatin bitches!!! anyways, yeah the L/P thing is kinda interesting, because when i driving around in my car by myself my car seems really susceptable(sp?) to road bumps, but when i have 3 other people in there, i don't feel the bumps them as much. seems to drive nicer wit more people in it, despite the acceleration loss of all that weight. Damn fat friends, lol, J/K. haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.