Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drive a 99 civic dx n i was just wondering if i put ex intake manifold in my car would help my car go any faster at all
..in my opinion, i dun think it would do anything to my car..prolly just the intake sound?? maybe?
wuts the answer?
:confused:

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Yeah, this is a good upgrade. The Y8 manifold is the best stock D-series manifold you can get. Larger, longer runners and a large plenum, good stuff! Plus all the aftermarket throttle bodies are made for the side-draft mount like all the other motors have except your Y7. If you port your head then it will really flow a lot more with this manifold on.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
You can use any throttle body except the one from the Y7, since it's a downdraft design the cable will pull in the wrong direction when you mount it sideways. The fuel rail & injectors will work, but the IACV won't. I'd just recommend getting a complet manifold with everything on it no hassle. Should only cost $120 or so. Then you can use intake pipes from the EX too.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Yeah it will add some power + Vtec if you get the ECU. However, this isn't a good setup if you ever want to turbo or run a supercharger, the compression is too high.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
cmills83 said:
Yeah it will add some power + Vtec if you get the ECU. However, this isn't a good setup if you ever want to turbo or run a supercharger, the compression is too high.
Adding a manifold + an ECU won't give him VTEC! He needs the whole head, that's where the VTEC is, in the valvetrain. If the solenoid and oil pressure switches aren't hooked up the ecu won't activate the fuel/timing programs for VTEC anyways so it's pointless to use a p28 or P2P ecu on a non-VTEC head.

And even with the VTEC head he can still turbo it as long as the pressure is kept down a bit, 6-8 lbs. A Z6 head will give same compression on a Y7 block as the stock Y7 head (9.4:1), a Y8 head will bump it to maybe 9.8:1 c/r. That's not too bad.

·
Registered
286 Posts
cmills83 said:

he, he. whoops.:D

I'm gonna get a B18c5 ecu now, will that give me type R power??????? ahhhhhhh if it were only that easy.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
klungemonger said:
Adding a manifold + an ECU won't give him VTEC! He needs the whole head, that's where the VTEC is, in the valvetrain. If the solenoid and oil pressure switches aren't hooked up the ecu won't activate the fuel/timing programs for VTEC anyways so it's pointless to use a p28 or P2P ecu on a non-VTEC head.

And even with the VTEC head he can still turbo it as long as the pressure is kept down a bit, 6-8 lbs. A Z6 head will give same compression on a Y7 block as the stock Y7 head (9.4:1), a Y8 head will bump it to maybe 9.8:1 c/r. That's not too bad.
Ah yes, my bad, I skimmed through it quickly i thought you were asking about the ex head on the dx block originally, that is what I was answering, so yeah i agree with you, but I've heard the compression is a bit higher.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.