Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
uh the 1993 ex coupe becuase it has power windows and locks, sunroof, and most important of all, the d16z6 sohc vtec.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
dx all the way. its not as heavy as the ex and it has less things that could go wrong (no sunroof, no power windows, no a/c, no abs, etc).
most likely you're gonna end up doing a swap anyways so no need to pay extra for the ex.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Go EX. Better/More amenities for daily driving... Bigger and more powerful motor... Better Suspension... Better Brakes... Much better aftermarket support...

And a mini-me is just putting an EX head on the DX engine (or vtec head on non-vtec engine). In order to get the most from a mini-me, you need to put the EX tranny on the DX as well... This makes no sense if you have the option of buying an EX from the beginning.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
EX EX EX. LOL. i have one, and i love the features and the motor. plenty of power for daily driving. the only i wish though, that 5th gear(cruising gear) was a bit taller. besides, even though the EX weights more, it's still faster than the DX.

·
Registered
496 Posts
It depends what you want from your car. If you plan on doing a swap down the road, and/or any type of racing, get the DX. It's lighter and like other have said, there is a lot less than can go bad. If you're just looking for a daily driven car that you're not going to toy with much, go with the EX. What's the difference in price between the two civics you're looking at? What's your mechanical ability? We really need more input from you as to what your plans are for you car before we can really give you a good answer. I would go DX, because i don't like A/C and it's a lot lighter, and i've seen too many power window motors go bad.

·
Registered
275 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
dx all the way. its not as heavy as the ex and it has less things that could go wrong (no sunroof, no power windows, no a/c, no abs, etc).
most likely you're gonna end up doing a swap anyways so no need to pay extra for the ex.
EX!! I have a 93 EX Coupe and love it. BTW the 94 Civic DX Coupe does have A/C..my mom has a 94 DX Coupe and it has A/C.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
isJONson said:
would u buy a 1993 civic EX Coupe

or a 1994 civic DX coupe
since u have the option of course go with the EX...kinda like a kommon sense question unless ur planning on making some all race car den u wouldnt get a coupe anyways :eek

hows this a tech question anyways?

·
Registered
632 Posts
my EX is better! er..i mean the EX is better! like all the above posts said ^_+
and b-sides that the sohc vtec is fun to play with.

*sob sob* i miss me ex whaaaa...hahaha, no..no go to the dark side...
dont mind me its the wine talkin'

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.