Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, im getting a custom exhaust made soon for my b16 swap. And I want a nice tone to it. Not a coffie can sound (cant stand that sound). What do i need to do/get to not make it the coffie can sound. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
well my friend just did a custom exhaust today, and he didnt finish it (no muffler or resonator) it sounds like a folders product, but for it I think just a resonator and a muffler w/silencer will sound ok. tomorrow he is putting the muffler on so it should tone down a great deal. hope that helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a muffler from ebay about 3 months ago. And where can i gat a resonator from.? And what does a resonator do?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha, I have that site saved under my favorites. It truly is a great site. Ill look up the exhaust stuff. And keep me posted on how your friends exhaust sounds 93 mzd. Thanx.

·
Registered
98 Posts
cool, we are going to our auto tech class early tomorrow and finishing the rest of the exhaust, so I will post up then.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
i just got my exhaust done, i kept my stock cat, my stock resonator, 2 inch piping and a 40 series flowmaster. it sounds amazing, nice deep sound and not very loud or farty.

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
lostbethus said:
Ha, I have that site saved under my favorites. It truly is a great site. Ill look up the exhaust stuff. And keep me posted on how your friends exhaust sounds 93 mzd. Thanx.
I can post a sound clip if you want (93mzd was talking about my exhaust).
I did 2.5" from the header back to the rear LCA (I'm finishing tomorrow),and it sound terrifying. Kind of like a mix between a V6 open header and a dragster plus it throws flames sometimes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey, well jdm_honda got his exhaust done today and it sounds way better with a muffler, thats why you are required to have one, cuz without, it sounds like your mom, j/k. He doesnt have a resonator yet, but the tone is pretty deep. So if you just get a resonator like I said, you will be good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts