Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installation was easy Note every changed a clutch on a front engine fwd is a long process but to tricks to the installation went "smooth" Note tranny jack is your best friend. Now about this product it has a three puck design note this is not organic it's ceramic and lucky sprung there a bit of a shutter getting into first and reverse en/dis engaging clutch is about less than an inchof pedal travel note the hotter this thing gets the more it grabs no joke so it can take a bit to get use to
Now the pressure plate is stiff but not to stiff and spring back nicely faster than you can pull your foot off the clutch pedal :bye

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kommon_sense said:
Most people call the Exedy Cerametallic an on-off switch. Not the type of clutch that people generally want on the street.
I agree most peolpe like to ride a little clutch (let the clutch out slowly)but for those whom love to rev match or heel toe the on/off switch would be favored Note clucth disc is sprung which came in handy the first few hundred clicks but i was easy to learn aswell as when the clutch breaks in a lot less shutter

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Agreed. I just made the comment for informational purposes so someone looking for info could make a fair assessment. If someone wants a hardcore performance clutch, this is a good option. If someone simply wants a better clutch for their daily driver, then this is the wrong way to go.

·
Registered
110 Posts
bringin this thread back from the dead :) I did a little bit of searching but couldn't find anything about recommended clutch break in stuff. Anyone that can point me in the right direction? I'm getting the stage 2 exedy with a 7.5 lb fidanza aluminum flywheel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hope this helps

Killuminati223 said:
bringin this thread back from the dead :) I did a little bit of searching but couldn't find anything about recommended clutch break in stuff. Anyone that can point me in the right direction? I'm getting the stage 2 exedy with a 7.5 lb fidanza aluminum flywheel
WOW 7.5 that would be a bit much for me me "about the breaking in the clutch" it's on the little piece of paper in the box when i installed in think it was 750km or 800km can't remember on stop a go traffic it was but it up there
note
don't pass 3000rmp
rev match
Don't ride clutch (you'll shudder like a mofo crack whore who is making a milkshake)
rev match
keep in mind you are trying to create a good mating surface for the pucks on that flywheel
rev match
but a good way to tell when that clutch is broken in is when the you have done the recommended and you start to notice the shudder decreases (200 -225km / 350km / 710km (it broke in)
Well if this type of description is what your looking for Good
post after your get it in if you have any concerns through the break in experience

noticed ALLMOTOR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts