Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 99 ex civic coupe, and i just got hailed on bad! it's all gravy tho, i got a $4600 check from insurance. I got a vis racing invader-style carbon fiber hood to replace the blemished steel 1. That's on it's way, but the new issue is, i got about $1000 to spend on anything. I want an exhaust, the problem is, i cant decide which one to get. I was thinkin a tanabe smr, or an apexi gt spec. if anyone has either one of these on their cars, i wanna know how satisfied you are with the sound, and the power increase if u know what it is. Any help would be greatly appriciated. -Dan :)

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
find a quality muffler shop and go custom. You can get a nice stainless steel exhaust for probably 1/2 the price that most import companies charge for their products. Go 2.25", mandrel bent, with a resonator and a good muffler like the dynomax super turbo (goofy name, but quiet and gets the job done).

·
Registered
882 Posts
i dont really like my custom exhaust... since i was gonna get a resonator along with it during setup, but i forgot they didnt have em there, so i just decided to have em put it on without it.... sounds good till 5k then it gets a bit raspy... hopefully my insurance company will give me the check for my accident... so i can get alot of neat shit for my car...

btw u said u got hail.. where do u live?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm in St. Charles Missouri, thanks for the input i'm gonna check out the local shops, see if i cant get some pipes bent, what i really want is an almost low, booming tone without all the rasp, but i definately want something with some sound, quiet isn't really my goal.

·
Registered
882 Posts
if u wanna place, thats kinda close to u, that charges really cheap for their pipes, and has really really cheap labor charges, i know of a place, they did mine... cost me 65 total, for like 10 ft of pipe and 2-2 1/2 hours of work....

so if ur close to vienna, say so, and i could show ya where the place is at... or if u wouldnt mind travelling there...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where exactly is it at? 65$? that sounds much better than 600, lol.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Ya know I post a thread a couple weeks ago asking the same damn thing but in different words and my shit gets locked.

WTF is up with that :mad

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats about a 2 hour drive from here, but it may be worth it, i donno, send me the address if u can and i may plan a daytrip.

·
Registered
882 Posts
well, just plan a date that you want to go up there... and ill contact him, and have him write it in his schedule... then i guess u can meet me somewhere, and you could follow me down there... its about 30 min from where i live...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts