Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Exhaust Dilemma. What Do I Do?

928 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Hybrid Fever 
#1 ·
Ok I'm going to be dropping in an LS motor into my 93 Civic VX hatchback within a couple of months, and I know I'm going to need an aftermarket exhaust. The only problem is that later down the road say within the next year, it's going to be turbocharged. The thing I'm wondering is, am I gonna have to get a different exhaust when I turbocharge it? I know most N/A exhaust are 2 1/4" piping, and aren't turbo exhausts like 2.5-3"? I don't wanna get the turbo exhaust right away if it's gonna make me lose back pressure on the LS motor. What should I do? Is 2.5 big enough for turbo, and small enough not lose backpressure on the stock LS motor? Somebody help me.

#5 ·
It all depends on how much boost you will be running. 2.5 inch exhaust is fine for moderate boost. I have two exhaust systems one NA and one turbo. I bought some cheap exhaust like pacesetter catback for 170 bucks and use that. Just cut off the tip or paint it black. I know it is cheesy exhaust, but it works well for the price and doesn't sound ricy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.