Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

exhaust explaination

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  sponginpunk 
#1 ·
I know its a dumb question.....but I just need to ask :rolleyes
in an exhaust system......why is the main pipe and pipe connect to catalytic converter better than the stock ones........is it bigger volume? better air flow? etc.......I definitely know an aftermarket header will release more air than stock as well as the muffler so I see no need for the aftermarket midpipes since its just air flowing in it......educate me plz! :D

#5 ·
Likeawp said:
I plan to do custom piping for turbo setup maybe next summer........the muffler I bought is the Greddy EVO2 from the exhaust system.....so I'm just going to weld it on for the sound and looks for now.....thanks for the reply btw :)

since you're going turbo anyways, why not just get a full 3" turbo-back exhaust? unless money is the reason for you're wanting to do a custom exhaust system...to me it sounds like a bad idea from what I can tell about your knowledge about exhaust systems :noo

#8 ·
actually it is rice...hes changing the muffler but not the pipes...a...its not gonna do anything till you change the pipes ...even though it wont improve too much. hes prolly just doing it for the sound...and i dont think greddy doesnt make universal muffler...or none ive seen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.