Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I was pulled over today on the interstate because my exhaust was too loud. I was issued a 30-day fix it ticket. Do I have to replace my exhaust with an original OEM exhaust?
Nope, just go buy a $15 silencer, and pop it in, then show up to inspection with it, remove when you're done. The ticket is not really for the exhaust itself, just for being too loud.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Really? Cool! Where is the best place to buy a silencer from? And how do I know it'll fit?

EDIT: I just looked on Ebay and I see they come in different sizes. Do these really work?
Yes, they really do work. Narrowing the exhaust tip with a silencer, it causes the sound to reverberate inside the muffler more before it exits. If the problem is that the car is turbo-d, you may get more help from putting in a resonator, or a glass-pack somewhere in the line.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Hes N/A turbocharged cars dont have loud exhaust(generally speaking).

Find the noise ordinances for your area, and the codes your car must fall under, make sure that your not breaking any laws. Also what time was it? Sometimes the after hours noise ordinance will be a problem for louder cars.

I think they are just yanking your chain.
Sometimes Turbos aren't loud but they will make a high pitched noise that some find irritating, especially the fake turbo exhaust additions (annoying as hell). Generally speaking, nothing should be heard coming from your car (music/exhaust/engine) more than 50 feet away, and if it can it is up to an officer to tell weather it is too loud. Literally it is not based on dB or anything, just weather a cop thinks it's too loud. It is written.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I told you the dB didn't matter, especially here in CA, only if it sounds "too loud" but people can ride around on Harley's with no sp. arrestors or muffler or anything and not be hassled ever, and that shit hurts the ears.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Washington is the second worst on the 'aftermarket" list, but you have way more freedom there to do a few more things. Every state will have the raise or lowered car deal, if you look at the manual for the car it will usually say "it is unlawful to alter the height of the vehicle" and here in CA, it is actually ILLEGAL to raise your truck, but we let it go, obviously, so douchbags like this:
can show off how small their penis has become in an attempt to pretend they can run over anyone they see, and almost hit my wife twice because she's only 5ft1 and they can't fucking see her over their fucking hood. And they never-ever go off-roading either, if they did the axles would just fucking snap anyway. Ooooh. Don't forget the NorCal stickers, like California is in some damn civil war or something... One of the many reasons I'm moving to Washington in January. I may have a secured job at a precinct up there as well in Kitsap county. I visited there, and in a one week period, I did not see one tiny penis truck, or one rice rocket, everything looked decent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.