Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
x fucking 2
I heard that they can also give you tickets for:
car to low
aftermarket lights
intake
swapped motor

a lot of states have laws regarding all of those..i bet if you flipped through the vehicle code for your state you will find laws regarding most if not all of those.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Washington is the second worst on the 'aftermarket" list, but you have way more freedom there to do a few more things. Every state will have the raise or lowered car deal, if you look at the manual for the car it will usually say "it is unlawful to alter the height of the vehicle" and here in CA, it is actually ILLEGAL to raise your truck, but we let it go, obviously, so douchbags like this:
can show off how small their penis has become in an attempt to pretend they can run over anyone they see, and almost hit my wife twice because she's only 5ft1 and they can't fucking see her over their fucking hood. And they never-ever go off-roading either, if they did the axles would just fucking snap anyway. Ooooh. Don't forget the NorCal stickers, like California is in some damn civil war or something... One of the many reasons I'm moving to Washington in January. I may have a secured job at a precinct up there as well in Kitsap county. I visited there, and in a one week period, I did not see one tiny penis truck, or one rice rocket, everything looked decent.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah, washingtion can be pretty crazy about shit like that, When i first got my Coilovers, i had it dumped about 2.5 inches and i got pulled over for excessive accelration.... lol then my car was measured and my exhaust was deemed too loud, with out any form of testing completed. then i got whacked for tail lights and window tint. but there have been sometimes where i get pulled over and the cop askes me what all i have done to the car =] lol so sometimes you get cool guys up here. BE WARNED i got pulled over in portland OR by a yellow subaru WRX which is BUILT looks so fast. but it is a cop =] i know i tried to race him and he pulled me over:eek2

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
oops.....the cops are getting good. i seen the cops in the old days around here where they'd give a kid a chance to get of his ticket at the cruise if he could lure anyone to race him, then they'd pull both cars over, tell the kid "good job" let him go and write the other one a bigger ticket because they always made sure to go after the stupid guys with shit load more speed than the original kid and his civic. i tried to warn that dude it was a setup because we seen the kid parked along side an unmarked on the way there and sure as shit within 5 min he's going through the parking lot asking anyone if they wanted to race for 50 bucks which was something we normally didn't do. dude didn't listen, got burned

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here in NY, in my experience the cops are tougher on window tint. I know Ive gotten a ton of tint tickets. I dont tint my windows anymore. As far as loud exhaust or driving too low, the cops usually wont bother you unless you are driving like an idiot. Or they will use it as an excuse to pull you over late at night so they can see whats going on in the car. Drinking ect. If everythings good they usually let you go. I had a bagged s10 and was driving down main st here with my truck about an inch off the ground and didnt realize a cop was behind me. never got pulled over.Never got an exhaust ticket either.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts