Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Honda Civic LX 2dr coupe and am lookin for a muffler/exhaust system

I've found some cheap exhaust systems on ebay like this one

eBay Motors: Honda Civic 01-05 2/4Dr 4.5" N1 Muffler Catback Exhaust (item 250275710230 end time Aug-03-08 11:04:49 PDT)

and am wondering what you think i should get...My price range is anywhere below 120$ for a muffler or full exhaust system...

Also i was wondering the difference between a full exhaust system and an axle-back exhaust...

I'm a car newbie so help me out here =D

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
welcome to superhonda. if you search this very civic forum for exhaust and maybe a couple other key terms from your post, i bet you come up with all kinds of threads that answer your questions.

120 isn't a lot. your only option @ that range is a cheap muffler and custom piping. do your research man it will pay off when you only do things once.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive searched a little bit and yet so far no one answers about 01 civic exhausts, but ill look for axle-back and full exhaust systems comparisons, thx for suggestions tho

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
ive searched a little bit and yet so far no one answers about 01 civic exhausts, but ill look for axle-back and full exhaust systems comparisons, thx for suggestions tho
yeah sometimes you just have to mess around with that advanced search a little, but there's a lot of good info here.. somewhere.:eek:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Find a muffler you want (Just a muffler, it's less than buying full piping from the company), take that muffler to an exhaust shop. Have the shop install that to Stainless 2.25" mandrel bent piping.
That shouldn't cost more than about $99.00 (for piping, not muffler) Anywhere that asks for more can hang it in their ass.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Find a muffler you want (Just a muffler, it's less than buying full piping from the company), take that muffler to an exhaust shop. Have the shop install that to Stainless 2.25" mandrel bent piping.
That shouldn't cost more than about $99.00 (for piping, not muffler) Anywhere that asks for more can hang it in their ass.
so 99 dollars for the piping and like 80-90ish dollars for the muffler? i know its an estimate but would that include installation? and wouldnt a muffler just muffle the sound, sound shitty and not enhance my performance? i would rather just buy a full exhaust system for 85 dollars with 80 dollar shipping and find some1 to help me install it.... what do you think?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
where are you going to find a full exhaust for $85? ebay exhausts 99% of the time suck.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
NO. honda engineers>shitty ebay distributors.

to be completely honest, on a stock engine, upgrading your exhaust for performance is dumb. the reason people do it is sound and look. and since it will sound shitty, save up for something worthy.

do it right the first time. . that way you aren't going back and regretting it later.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NO. honda engineers>shitty ebay distributors.

to be completely honest, on a stock engine, upgrading your exhaust for performance is dumb. the reason people do it is sound and look. and since it will sound shitty, save up for something worthy.

do it right the first time. . that way you aren't going back and regretting it later.
so you think i should try and convince my parents to help me buy a 230 dollar exhaust system?? somethin like flowmaster/magnaflow/greddy evo2??? which is best choice? i like a deep growl =)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i love my apex'i ws2. greddy evo 2s sound good, but are a bit loud and have more of a can look. the greddy sp2 is the ws2's lookalike, and sounds good. magnaflow always sounds good, just stay away from brands you've never heard of.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
magnaflow muffler to custom 2.25 piping.

buy a $100 dollar magnaflow muffler, universal ones work, and get the custom piping at a local exhaust shop.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
just buy a full ebay exhaust catback. you want stainless. they are about 170 shipped. /thread

·
Registered
99 Posts
love catbacks...... sounds great and like wvu97gs-r mentioned, not bad pricing at most places. but don't go for a cheapo-depot exhaust on ebay. x7964325 that u don't wanna go back and redo whatever you already did cuz you regret it.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
my 3" catback is full stainless steel and fit better than my 400 dollar greddy. and it was 180 shipped. tyler and i put it on my car in 24 minutes

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
but would that include installation? and wouldnt a muffler just muffle the sound, sound shitty and not enhance my performance? i would rather just buy a full exhaust system for 85 dollars with 80 dollar shipping and find some1 to help me install it.... what do you think?
Yes. Thats $99.00 installed.

Whats the difference between a 2.25" piping from Ebay and a 2.25" piping from an exhaust shop?
Nothing.
I'm just looking out for whats best for you $ wise.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts