Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up, im getting my exhaust done in like 2 hours and i need some advice. Im having a shop do it and they only crush bend...i plan to stay N/A so im wondering if i should just go with 2 1/4" piping or if i should go up to 2 1/2" to make up for the crush bending? Thanks alot!

·
Registered
894 Posts
go with 2.25 piping. 2.5 is too big for n/a.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JDM_Honda said:
but still isn't going to be as good a quality exhaust system.
I realize that but i guess its just not worth it to me too spend 5-600 bucks on a catback that will only get me like 2hp more than this. thanks tho.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
terrylee79 said:
go with 2.25 piping. 2.5 is too big for n/a.
thats why im asking tho...with the crush bends in the piping if i do 2 1/4 piping it will be alot less diameter than that in the bends but if i go 2 1/2 then it will be around 2 1/4 where its bent. I dunno thats just my theory i guess.

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
I did mine with crush bent pipe. I used 2.5" and where the bends are its only like 1.5", and thats not all, it creates massive turbulence, so it's not going to be as helpful at high rpm. But then again you only lose about 1-2 hp compared to a brand exhaust.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JDM_Honda said:
I did mine with crush bent pipe. I used 2.5" and where the bends are its only like 1.5", and thats not all, it creates massive turbulence, so it's not going to be as helpful at high rpm. But then again you only lose about 1-2 hp compared to a brand exhaust.
Good deal... i think im gonna go with 2.5. thanks! oh hey you should stop posting! you are at 666 posts hehe j/k :byye

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$260 for everything...2.5" piping from the cat back and a magnaflow race series muffler...I Love the sound it has to it! really low rumble, but its loud! haha i dont know if i wanna go back and get a resonator put in or wait till i boost and hope that helps...i guess ill find out sooner or later. Ill post some pics sometime.

·
Registered
226 Posts
that was a VERY wrong size if you are going to boost but good choice on the magniflow, they sound great don't they! best of all they look stock. so you don't have those ugly huge tips out the back :D

EDIT: oh you got a race series...... i hope you didn't get a fart cannon :p

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First off yes i did get a "fart can" and let me guess..im a ricer now! and i guess that would also mean that anyone that has a $600 greddy or Skunk2 catback would be a ricer too? just because they have a big tip!? Give it a fucking break! but i would honestly like to know what the hell is not rice these days? i mean shit, if you put anything over 15" rims on your car your a ricer, if your street race your a ricer, if you own a fucking stock car thats an import your a ricer its getting pretty sad...And i dont see how 2.5" exhaust is a VERY wrong size if im going to boost??? i would be running a T25 at like 7psi, i dont think i need 3" exhaust for that...a friend of mine was running 2.5" cruch bent on his boosted teg LS with a huge Inovative T3/T4 and he had no problems taking down TT supras so i think 2.5" will work just fine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would suggest if your going to run a turbo..to maybe just make sure that the manifold and turbo-exhaust housing are ported..that will help reduce boost creep due to the exhaust maybe being too small..also you can make a custom dump tube right after the exhaust housing that will dump into the atmosphere..just my .02..hope i was of some help :D

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dont see why the hell everyone thinks that a 2 1/2" exhaust is to small for a T25!? you dont need a fu*king 3 inch exhaust for that small of a turbo! But whatever think what you want i guess... I doubt im going to be boosting anyways so it wont really matter....now lets see how many people we can get to say that 2.5" is to big for N/A???

·
Registered
226 Posts
lol do whatever the hell you want to your car. :rolleyes your the one that has to deal with the turbo not flowing freely enough.....and yes your right a t25 will not flow enough to need 3" i thought you were doing a real set up.

EDIT: and why do you care if i think your a ricer? I didn't call you one. It's your car besides I'm so crazy about stock that I think everything is rice.....Embrace your riceness and be one with it. :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.