Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i want your opinion on this idea for exhaust that i have....what i was thinking of either getting the SPW universal muffler canister (looks like a stock one)....or a dynomax or some other shitty brand.....welding on the stock integra LS dual exit pipe thingy (where the gasses come out).........buying either a B-pipe (pre made mandrel w/ 1 resonator).....or getting one custom made and buying mandrel elbows from JC Whitney and putting 2 resonators (all high flow).....make it look stock as hell but still have the performance of a catback.....what are your guyses thoughts?....(keep in mind i want to look stock as possible).....

· Registered
554 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Thinking about going Dynomax turbo (2.5 inch) no fancy tip or maybe buying a flowmaster, or thermal...still undecided on the muffler, take to a muffler shop to make the pipes, and spraying the whole thing a flat black color.

· Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah....sleeper look with performance.........i kinda want to put 2 resonators just so it hardly makes any noise

· Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here check this out.....here is the SPW one

http://www.spwusa.com/Products.asp?UID=3530

there is the SPW one, here is the dynomax one

http://www.dynomax.com/thrush.stm

then get the dynomax resonator(s).... and put on the stock tip on there and i think it would look stock as hell with maximum performance gain......but i wonder how it would sound.....that is what i am worried about...i want 2 resonators just to keep it quiet

· Registered
80 Posts
$260?!?!?!?! Damn, maybe you could buy the ES Oval muffler and silence it with Resonators or etc. The ES is only like $90-100. Damn, $260 for that universal muffler is a lot.

· Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what is ES? Got a link?.....i just want something like that...... BTW I distribute for SPW so that price is not that much for me...........

· Registered
80 Posts
Oh yea, here you go. Here, the 2.25 inch inlet/outlet one is $99 and the 2.5 inch inlet/outlet one is $109. Lotta guys that build up their cars and especially the JDM people like using these, im getting one soon too... http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/exh_muff.htm Click on the "ES Universal Oval Muffler". That link is directly to that page, if u want the whole site its www.jdmhondaparts.com. I cant wait to get mine.

· Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is exactly what i want!!!!! that ES muffler is perfect.....i wonder if it comes with the middle finger on there too?

· Registered
554 Posts
You might want to check into Borla also. Their universal oval mufflers look stock but are a straight through design. There even skinnier than the ES muffler and not as shiny. I had one on my tercel before (yes tercel:D ) and it sounded little raspy but a resonator would help to quiet it down. Speaking of resonators, where can you get them? On my civic I've been using a glasspack to act as a resonator, it lowered the tone, but I feel a real resonator would be better at quieting the exhaust.

· Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the muffler shop that i got my shit welded at sells them, they are dynomax high flow resonators.........i dont want raspy.....i want quiet like stock but 2 1/4" pipes....i know it will never be quiet as stock but as quiet as i can get it the better

· Registered
175 Posts
hey, i need to get a new exhaust right now, my crappy pacesetter just had the tip rust off and it sounds like the worst thing ever. Yeah, i should not have gotten one of these but at the time i didnt know any better.

So, this custom exhaust thing looks real attractive after looking at all the $500 greddy systems and such. My question is, how well can an exhaust shop "tune" the sound. For example, if I want it pretty quite with a deep tone. After hearing my system now, the LAST thing I want is anything raspy or too loud. Why should i attract so much attention for 1-2 hp?

· Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THEY CANT REALLY TUNE THEM THERE BUT IF YOU GET MANDREL ELBOWS AND PUT A RESONATOR OR 2 ON THERE YOU WILL BE FINE

· Registered
175 Posts
I assume that the muffler makes the biggest affect on the sound, since the rest is all really the same. Anyone have experiance with the "cheaper" mufflers such as the ES poster earlier and borla or flowmaster? The cheaper the better, but in many cases you really do get what you pay for!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.