Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this OBX exhaust welded on my car... but it's too damn loud inside my car. Louder than outside I think. It's really annoying. Is it cuz the exhaust is shitty or was the welding job shitty? Anyways, I'm looking for a new exhaust now. Any suggestions on a quieter one?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
apex world sport is what im ooking at. supposedly the quietest aftermarket exhaust

·
Registered
264 Posts
Zoolander said:
I got this OBX exhaust welded on my car... but it's too damn loud inside my car. Louder than outside I think. It's really annoying. Is it cuz the exhaust is shitty or was the welding job shitty? Anyways, I'm looking for a new exhaust now. Any suggestions on a quieter one?
you should try and find the rs*r one like i got :p , super quiet, and the next best thing is the world sport.
-brian

·
Registered
138 Posts
Zoolander said:
I agree with you man. I've got an OBX muffler also and it's loud as Sh!t. It does get annoying after a while, so I'm lookin around too, probably something with a silencer. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
167 Posts
i hear that thermal makes a nice exhaust. thats what i want cuz it's one of a very few for a sedan.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
yeah obx mufflers are just wait to loud. If you like a quiet exhaust Apex WS provides a good sound. I personally have the tanabe super hyper medallion and i love it. Good luck

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
what kind of muffler is it though? cause my OBX muffler is really quiet unless you plant the gas pedal and keep it there past 70 mph. if you have one of the "RM style" mufflers, then it should have come with a silencer, which will solve your problem real well. if you have a "regular" style muffler, then i'd check your piping. it sounds like you might have a hole somewhere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lswanie said:
apex world sport is what im ooking at. supposedly the quietest aftermarket exhaust
I 4th that.

I got an apex world sport exhaust in my GSR right now... I love the friggin thing. Its quit at low rpm and idle... and when you wanna open it up, It gives you a low growl but nothing too loud... since i got a gsr i can red line the car to 8k... and then you can be heard but just cruising and stuff, very very quiet and nice... but when i step on it in local blocks, i can still set off alarms... overall very good exhaust, reccomend it to anyone

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Lswanie said:
or if you dont wanna spend as much, i got my bosal brospeed catback for 330. i wanted loud, i got quiet.

·
Registered
346 Posts
that one civic said:
if that's the price for the full cat-back set-up, then that's a great price--as long as it's mandrel bent. if it's not, go find a better shop.
It's for a catback, but I think it's crush bent...I know a friend that got a catback with dual flowmasters for his camero for $500 and it was mandrel bent....how much should I be looking at for mandrel bent? Also Zoolander, have you tried adding another resonator? those are suppose to help...right now i have astock exhaust system without the resonator and it's a little louder....the tone didn't change much though...maybe cause it is a stock system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts