Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would getting a better exhaust manifold and throttle body improve the hp on my 97 ex civic. Also my car is an automatic so are there any other hp improvements besides a tranny swap or engine swap. I already have I/H/E.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Not Much!!!

You'll get some ponies, but not a lot. You'll get thumbs up for nice looking manifold and throttle body.

You have option for exhaust mainfold here:
You can have your mainfold port, polish, painted. <== usually a bad idea
You can buy a performance manifold. <== I would go name brand on this one

Throttle body adjust and replace is a plain......(you can mess up here a lot)

·
Registered
76 Posts
go to ebay you can get a set of headers for like $50 and that includes shipping, if u got this route hope u dont have emmisins tests

try looking into injectors, i have intake,headers,exaust and noticed more from my injectors than the rest

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
99singleslammer said:
go to ebay you can get a set of headers for like $50 and that includes shipping, if u got this route hope u dont have emmisins tests

try looking into injectors, i have intake,headers,exaust and noticed more from my injectors than the rest

Thanks for the info and also what brand of injectors should I wear.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
i think you mean intake manifold right??? not the exhaust since you said you have a header on the way.

the biggest thing you'll see out of a t/b and IM is throttle response. you may gain a couple hp higher in the rpm but paying alot for so little when your stock IM is better than most aftermarket anyway just isn't a good buying decision.

please do not get injectors (though he did not specify what he meant). i assume he meant larger. but that would be dumb, your car is made to run with the stock injectors. plus with larger oned you'd need to tune it so that it doesn't dump too much fuel and bog down or go through gas like crazy. untill you get a turbo or supercharger larger injectors are a waste IMO.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
99singleslammer said:

...really. Maybe your OEM injectors were gunked up or something...because aftermarket injectors will do absolutely nothing with those mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.