Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car: EK Hatch
Engine: JDM 1995 OBD1 B18C1 (hence why I'm posting here)
Current breathing:
-Custom Stainless Steel intake w/K&N Cone & large cold air feed.
-JDM Integra SiR Manifold, JDM Integra SiR Cat, JDM EK4 Center Section; Spoon Street axle-back

To fit: JDM DC2 ITR CAT; EK9 Center section

I'm looking for manifold recommendations.

I would like something that maintains low/mid-range power, and does not increase noise.

I'm not expecting massive gains out of this. It's more to get a quality manifold, that will match up with the DC2 ITR's mammoth flange (hmm...choice of phrase...). This means it needs a 2.5" flange. (62.5mm), and bolt holes to match an ITR CAT's ones (too wide for SiR's)

Does the "Maintain low/mid-range" criterium mean that I should be looking for a 4-2-1?
I've found a 98Spec JDM ITR 4-1 for sale... though with shipping it will cost about €350 ($463).... I realise a new aftermarket one will cost a decent bit more than that but for somethign OEM and used, thats a little pricey I think...?

· Registered
4,633 Posts
The OEM JDM ITR 4-1 Header is a great piece. It shouldn't "take away" low-midrange power, but the majority of the gains from this header will be mid-high end, which is okay since you have the full rev range of the B18C1 to work with.

Many people choose the OEM JDM ITR 4-1 header over aftermarket headers like the DC-S pieces, and rightly so in most cases.

And yes, in general the 4-2-1 design does help out the mid-range a bit more.

But at least you know the ITR header will match up to the ITR cat. I couldn't tell you about ground clearance in the Hatch, that would be something you would have to measure up based on the header dimensions, and your ride height. But all in all, the OEM ITR header is a great piece that's better than many aftermarket headers.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
if you want your honda to be quiet...you can't do n/a mods on it unless you a really really really nice muffler and resonator combo, and keep your cat.

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you want your honda to be quiet...you can't do n/a mods on it unless you a really really really nice muffler and resonator combo, and keep your cat.
Yes, I am keeping a CAT - as I said in my post I've an SiR cat now, and will be changing to an ITR Cat.
Muffler is a Spoon Street which is fairly quiet unless you Vtec/2nd stage intake.
I'm not talking about major N/A mods, just a decent manifold.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Yes, I am keeping a CAT - as I said in my post I've an SiR cat now, and will be changing to an ITR Cat.
Muffler is a Spoon Street which is fairly quiet unless you Vtec/2nd stage intake.
I'm not talking about major N/A mods, just a decent manifold.
vtec engages before the intake manifold opens by over a thousand rpms

vtec isn't a sound

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vtec engages before the intake manifold opens by over a thousand rpms

vtec isn't a sound
I'm looking for some advice relevant to my question here - do you just want to come in and asert random Honda knowledge to bump your post count?

I know exactly where Vtec engages, and the 2nd stage intake. I never said they engage simultaneously.
And I also know the sound of my own engine/intake/exhaust - noise levels take an obvious jump at both points - more than the gradual increase as the revs increase.

I can't be arsed arguing on forums, I come here to seek and share relevant knowledge - either do the same or leave the thread alone?

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
I'm looking for some advice relevant to my question here - do you just want to come in and asert random Honda knowledge to bump your post count?

I know exactly where Vtec engages, and the 2nd stage intake. I never said they engage simultaneously.
And I also know the sound of my own engine/intake/exhaust - noise levels take an obvious jump at both points - more than the gradual increase as the revs increase.

I can't be arsed arguing on forums, I come here to seek and share relevant knowledge - either do the same or leave the thread alone?
lose the attitude. i didn't attack you i don't see why you need to act like a child. you made a vague statement and i was clarifying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.