Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my noob asss was trying to replace my header because it was leaking. so i took off the old one and put on a new one but it still leak. then i start tq it down more but i over tq one nut and it broke off the bolt. anyone know if i can replace this bolt or did i just fucc my self in my ass?:hammer: :bash :bash

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
civic510z said:
do i just screw it out like how i would do with any other nut or what?
wait, so did you just break the nut, or the bolt that goes into the head? if you broke the bolt off close to the head, its probably not easy to get out. if its one of the studs that bolt the manifold right up to the head, 1 missing stud/bolt shouldnt hurt as long as the others are on tight.

any pictures or better details on exactly which nut/bolt you broke? im getting entirely too confused.

and no, the one stud in the head will definitely not be easy to get out if you decide to remove it. IMO have a machine shop professionally tap into it screw it the fuck out. where was it leaking?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there a head right and there i believe there 7 or 8 bolt/nut . i broke the bolt that gose into the head right off in half. i almost start to cry. it leaking right where the header and head meet. :bash the fuccin engine is brand new just fuccing order it couple week ago. shyt never even been on the road yet.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
civic510z said:
there a head right and there i believe there 7 or 8 bolt/nut . i broke the bolt that gose into the head right off in half. i almost start to cry. it leaking right where the header and head meet. :bash the fuccin engine is brand new just fuccing order it couple week ago. shyt never even been on the road yet.
you could try an extractor kit to get it out...but it is probraly too tight.

ok i have removed some before...but the head was off the car. ill drill it out as much as i can and then retap it.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
same thing happened to me, but with a new oem gasket, and torquing the others down, its fine, and it passed emmissions.

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
umm, may be if you would have used a gasket you wouldn't have had that problem. Take the header off and look if the broken bolt is showing. If the piece that's left in head is not showing then you're fucked. If it is showing pass the head, then get a pair of vise grips and get them tight, and unscrew it. Then replace the stud.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
JDM_Honda said:
umm, may be if you would have used a gasket you wouldn't have had that problem. Take the header off and look if the broken bolt is showing. If the piece that's left in head is not showing then you're fucked. If it is showing pass the head, then get a pair of vise grips and get them tight, and unscrew it. Then replace the stud.
i thought about that but most of the ones ive seen break off flush inside the head.

it would be nice if enough of it is sticking out of the head so you could use vice grips or a bolt/stud out set.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry i have not been onlne lately. i been working two job and it just killing me. i am using the old gasket for the header. I believe that the stud that broke off, there part of it sticking out. i thought i would just that vise grip method but would the stud be very hard to get out? it twist out the same way right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.