Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting exhaust on my car early next month, but im not sure on what kind. I dont want a loud fart pipe or anything...but then again, i dont want the deep flowmaster sound. Something in between i guess, just as long as it sounds good and i dont get made fun of for it :). Anyways. can anyone help me? :confused:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well I'll be the first to say you should of did a search because there are plenty folks asking the question. On with your answer though. A lot of people say the Apexi N1 is pretty good yet the sound is kinda loud. I've also heard that if you can get your hands on an RS*R exhaust you will be plenty happy!

·
Registered
547 Posts
It was me..I accidently mislead you about the Apexi exhaust...SORRY! I fixed my answer though!

·
Registered
244 Posts
roll up with a RS*R or get an Apex'i WS, it has a nice deep sound and goes away when you are just cruising on the freeway. You get a N1 and you will probably put a silencer on it rite away since that is what most people do.

·
Banned
638 Posts
I think this SITE will help you out. The Apex'i RS is the same as the WS ;) .

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im lookin to spend about $200, i dont want a cat back. I know i might sound cheap but im not too sure about how much everything costs. If what i want is a bit more than 200, then i might just wait a lil while longer to get it....btw, thanks for all the help!

·
Banned
638 Posts
CivicChik93 said:
im lookin to spend about $200, i dont want a cat back. I know i might sound cheap but im not too sure about how much everything costs. If what i want is a bit more than 200, then i might just wait a lil while longer to get it....btw, thanks for all the help!
You can get a universal muffler with welded piping from a muffler shop for under 200, but if you check out that site I posted you'll see the difference between a R&D cat-back and a shop one. The Apex'i WS is always on GB for around 383, one of the best prices around.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea, i'll prolly end up gettin one of the universal ones and get the apexi later on. I dont have a job now so its hard to get money. I've just got about $200 to spend next month on my car and i been wantin exhaust for a while. I'll definitely spend it all too, i dont want some cheapo that cracks and pops when u get on it...lol. NE ways...thanks again!

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
hey CivicChik93, I got my Matrix axle-back exhaust for 217 shipped through Summit Racing, I LOVE IT, so smooth and perfect tone imo, I've never heard a fart from it, but the sound is def. there, great progression through the powerband too, I highly recommend it to you, esp. since you are in the same money situation as I was in with exhaust.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have a lotta friends with exhausts....most have arospeed. Go with an arospeed carbon bomb or something like that, a canister style muffler with a silencer. Thats what i'm gonna go for if/when i get an exhaust. My short ram intake is louder than my friends arospeed muffler! heh

·
Registered
221 Posts
i have a tenzo-r catback on my 92 si, as well as custom piping up to the header, with the resonator removed.

i have a nice low, bassy rumble when im stopped, a steady deep vroooom when im accelerating, an amazing screaming roar when im im on it, and at highway crusing, its decently quiet.

sooo thats my .2 cents on tenzo-r. i love it.

mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.