Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the crower cams shud i go with 2.5 inch pipin......i have a greddy sp rite wit a testpipeits pipin is 2.25 i was thinkin about gettin a carsound 2.5 inch high flow cat and 2.5 inch custom piping onto a GSR muffler will i lose a lot of power due to the little gsr muffler tip or it won't really matter.

...................well to get to the point i was wanderin will 2.5 be ok wit the cams
will this setup work wit 2.5 in pipin
AEM cai
AEM accessory pullies
AEM cam gears
Crower 62403s cams
Crower Valve springs and retainer kit
Unothradox underdrive pulley
MSD 6a....w/ ss blaster
DC 4-1 Header
Carsound high flow cat
2.5 custom piping onto GSR muffler
Stage 1 clutch from Clutchmasters
Lighten flywheel from Clutchmasters
Accel Injectors how much lbs injectors do i need?

another question whts the difference between the Apexi VAFC and the Apexi S-AFC
does the VAFC have everythin the SAFC plus controlling the vtec.....or shud i just get the SAFC i could get both for the same price

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
2 1/2" piping will be too big. 2 1/4" will be your max with THAT setup.

Basically you need to search this forum to answer you own question about piping. The exhaust piping diamter is directly related to motor HP output and has been previously discussed.

To answer you simply, with those cams and that setup you won't make enough power to warrent the larger diameter piping. "IF" you opt for it anyway, you will experience torque feel loss and low end response loss, your highend may be stronger but, your low and mid will be weaker.

The GSR muffler is nothing special or better than an LS's, "the Type-R is a different story," so you aren't doing anything more for the car. The Size of the muffler TIP has nothing to do with gaining or losing much HP, the tip is for tuning the exhaust system as a whole, Just cause it's big and loud doesn't mean it is better or more powerful The GSR muffler tip alone will not be your problem, any time you start with a larger diameter pipe like the 2 1/2" you NEVER want to go smaller to 2".

A.

PS do you guys even proof-read anymore or is this nations educational system in that Dire of Straights? TYPE CLEARLY IN ENGLISH PLEASE, IT HELPS US HELP YOU...

PPS VAFC and SAFC are for another post and also have been covered before.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The GSR muffler is nothing special or better than an LS's, "the Type-R is a different story,"

What do u mean by the Type R muffler is a whole different story..............is there any gains or what?

·
Banned
2,834 Posts

In order to make exhaust air flow smoother, there are no sharp angles in the header. Furthermore, in order to lighten/strengthen the parts,
stainless steel was used.
Impossible to do in mass-production, all exhaust piping is welded together with no sharp edges throughout. Also, the piping was
upgraded to 57.2mm throughout to increase air flow.
The muffler is a multi-chamber design, and does a wonderful job of dissipating sound. However, the funnel-shaped piping in-between the
chambers makes it a very free-flowing exhaust.

A.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts