Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
12,453 Posts
I HAVE A 07 SI SEDAN AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS UPGRADE THE PIPE TO 2.5" FROM STOCK? IF SO DID YOU FEEL ANY GAINS? DROPS? LET ME KNOW THANKS:confused
Read up on how exhausts work. I'd be willing to wager you'll feel a drop in power if you just put huge ass diameter exhaust on it like that on a stock motor.

In short? don't do it.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Figure out your stock diameter, and keep it to a maximum of .25 inches bigger. Anything after that, you'd need to build up the motor to see any benefit. The larger the diameter, the higher your moving your powerband and killing you low and mid power. Be smart yo. If its just for sound, a muffler is fine.

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know the stock size pipe the SI comes in 2"? 2.25"? I'm looking for performance and not sound. I want to keep the stock exhaust but get a lil more out of the engine. Thanks for your help............

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Does anyone know the stock size pipe the SI comes in 2"? 2.25"? I'm looking for performance and not sound. I want to keep the stock exhaust but get a lil more out of the engine. Thanks for your help............
what do you mean by that statement

· Registered
12,453 Posts
you just made a statement that makes no seance. You want performance from your exhaust, but yet want to keep the stock exhaust?

If you do get a catback, don't go any bigger than 60mm ~2.34 unless your cars built or your planning on seriously building it.

Also, if you want any gains with that catback, you better have at minimum an intake and header on that car to see anything from it.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
you just made a statement that makes no seance. You want performance from your exhaust, but yet want to keep the stock exhaust?

If you do get a catback, don't go any bigger than 60mm ~2.34 unless your cars built or your planning on seriously building it.

Also, if you want any gains with that catback, you better have at minimum an intake and header on that car to see anything from it.
hondas run on map, techincally if you want any kind of gains out of the car, you have to re-tune it whenever you do any mods to the car, unless you're the k-series. but even they need a reflash to take full advantage of the car.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
hondas run on map, techincally if you want any kind of gains out of the car, you have to re-tune it whenever you do any mods to the car, unless you're the k-series. but even they need a reflash to take full advantage of the car.
it's a K series, if he has an 07si.

I should get my car tuned, but there is no tuner around here. Im sure I'd net more power if I did. I've re-set the eCU, but that prob. dosent do a whole lot.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I LIKE TOAST

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
it's a K series, if he has an 07si.

I should get my car tuned, but there is no tuner around here. Im sure I'd net more power if I did. I've re-set the eCU, but that prob. dosent do a whole lot.
didn't even read what he had. but an exhaust does nothing for those cars stock. the stock system is fine. the to be made is in a race header and intake with a possible reflash

· Registered
10,346 Posts
To leave the stock muffler is to leave the exhaust alone

· Registered
12,453 Posts
I already have intake and headers. I just want to upsize the pipe from the cat back and leave the stock muffler.
yeah, thats pretty dumb. Its like trying to push air through a straw with a crushed end. Upping the pipe size won't do shit if there aren't supporting mods, like a high flow muffler.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
I already have intake and headers. I just want to upsize the pipe from the cat back and leave the stock muffler.
1. you have one header

2. the stock exhaust is fine the way it is. you won't gain any power from it. the header and intake with a tune are where it's at. unless you start making 220whp plus leave the exhaust alone

3. why would you upgrade the piping and leave the stock muffler? you'd get 2.5 in piping and let it go back down to 2.25? that'd make you slower.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
thanks for your info. i'll leave the piping and exhaust the same....... now who makes an after market exhaust that is qiuet?
any twinloop setup should be fine. but keep in mind you drive an n/a honda, it will get louder when you mod it.

· Registered
2,307 Posts
in this case, bigger is better...

you want NO backpressure at all.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
in this case, bigger is better...

you want NO backpressure at all but want to be able to maintain exhaust velocity.
fixed :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.