Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, do the bottom of our cars look the same as the V6. Would any dual exhaust for the V6 fit snug on our cars? I remember i saw a i4 w/comptech exhaust and it looked dang nice and i was thinking can any v6 dual exhaust fit like that? Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
4-banger said:
Just curious, do the bottom of our cars look the same as the V6. Would any dual exhaust for the V6 fit snug on our cars? I remember i saw a i4 w/comptech exhaust and it looked dang nice and i was thinking can any v6 dual exhaust fit like that? Thanks.
hmm, i'm not an expert on this but you could probably just get the y pipe and cut it in the middle and weld it onto your i4 pipe.

lol, i dunno if that sentence is making any sense, but hopefully you know what i'm talking about :p

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the service manuels for both cars. I want to know the answer to the same question. It appears the pipes route through the same location however, cats are different. So are b-pipe bolt locations. I sure the mufflers will fit right one however I not sure how the y pipe will fit the b-pipe I'm not even sure it will line up perfectly with the I4 b-pipe for welding.

I don't think its a bolt on. Has anyone installed a v6 gen6 exhaust onto an I4 where are the hang-ups?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes, this project has been before. The V6 exhaust can be adapted to fit the I4. However, there is the issue of too much lost backpressure that tends to accompany this alteration. (How much backpressure is really lost and how adverse it is tends to be debatable.) What we do know is that this setup on the I4 is more for show than go, considering that there is some excess lost backpressure AND the added weight of the V6 exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts