Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exhaust is very important to pick, just like picking rims. I want to put a mellow , but deep sound on my 2000 Acura GSR with out that tin can sound. I've been looking at Tanabe Racing medalion and comptech exhuast systems. What should i do? are there any other companies that will fit my needs for preference and performance. Thanks

-Al

· Registered
96 Posts
Greddy Evolution!!!! It's exactly what ur lookin for 3 of my buds have them on their tegs and they sound awsome.. really raspy low screamin high!!

· Registered
110 Posts
One_Vtec_18 said:
Exhaust is very important to pick, just like picking rims. I want to put a mellow , but deep sound on my 2000 Acura GSR with out that tin can sound. I've been looking at Tanabe Racing medalion and comptech exhuast systems. What should i do? are there any other companies that will fit my needs for preference and performance. Thanks

-Al
Wow I wouldn't be looking at the RM if you're looking away from that fartcan sound. The silencer just defeats the whole purpose of having an exhaust on there.

I have a GReddy EVO and it sounds exactly like what you want. Also the Apexi WS is supposed to sound nice, smooth, deep and perform well too.

· Registered
959 Posts
I love the Comptech. Sounds awesome at all RPM's, and it doesn't look like a cannon sticking out of your car unless you like that look, which is totally good cause it's your opinion. Well, as for bit tip exhausts, I like the EVO, it just looks best for some reason.

· Registered
110 Posts
speed2000i said:
my friend has the tanabe RM w/ silencer on his prelude and it sounds really nice.....just the way you describe how u want it.....
A silencer entirely defeats the purpose of an aftermarket exhaust. You're closing your exhaust back up at the end when the whole point is to make it bigger. If you want a deep sound without having to buy an exhaust only to plug it up, get either the GReddy EVO or the Apexi WS. Everything else that'll work the same is more expensive.

· Registered
767 Posts
aw yea

Go for the Greddy Evo man...thats what I have and it matches your description very well - its a beautiful sound when you're cruisin' around with the windows down :) - can't go wrong with greddy.

xox

· Registered
44 Posts
I would say go with Comptech. Really great sound, nice deep tone. Sounds really good at all RPMS's. I have heard that the Tanabe is really loud, although I have never actually heard myself so I don't really know. Also I think the Comptech looks nicer, and its full stainless steel so thats nice too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.