Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a greddy exhaust and it gets very dirty with this black stuff on it, not that much but it is still dirty. SOOOO I wondered if you guys have any suggestions on cleaning exhaust tips?? Soap and water just doesn't cut it, What do you guys clean yours with to keep it looking good??:D :D

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I agree, use some sort of metal or paint polish, I have the OEM stainless tip and use a good quality polishing compound on it whenever I wash my car. It takes a little bit of time but it's definitely worth it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Go to a hardware store or any place that sells cleaning stuff and get a spray on called "TUFF Stuff" spray it on, use a very fine steel wool, cleans up great and it actually polishes the metal as well. Just be sure to use very FINE steel wool. BTW, some car waxes actually cause the smoke deposits to stick to the metal and rear bumper so be careful of what you use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
well first.......if yer exhaust has too much black residue yer running way to rich (like most of us) but thats not what u wanted to know. =) juss wash dat stuff off the next time u clean yer car and use MOTHERs aluminum polish. meguires has some too. but i like mothers

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
if you got laquer thinner lying around that works just as well. i think a long time ago i saw a tech tip in one of the super streets that said you can put some laquer thinner on a towel and just buff that crud off your tip/exhaust. personally i have been doing this to my exhaust every other time i wash my car...polishes it right up...just becareful of getting it on your hands

1 - 8 of 8 Posts