Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just did a B16A2 swap on my 94 civic. A friend of mine tells me I might be losing 10 to 20 horses due to the fact that I have an Iceman C.A.I, and intake manifold and DC headers, yet my ractive catback is only 2 inches instead of 2.5 which is what I should have according to him. I might not be losing this hp but I am restricting the engine from producing more hp (the 170hp which is supposed to be with all these modifications) due to the lack of flow. Does anyone know if this is true?

· Banned
638 Posts
Bosstone700 said:
I just did a B16A2 swap on my 94 civic. A friend of mine tells me I might be losing 20 to 30 horses due to the fact that my ractive catback is only 2 inches instead of 2.5 which is what I should hav according to him. Does anyone know if this is true?
HAHAHA...yeah maybe if you had a Supra TT, you're not gonna get 20-30 horses out of your car witha 2.5inch exhaust. When you go from stock to 2.25 with your car you get like 4-5 horses. Your friend seems like he has no fuckin clue what the hell he is talking about. No exhaust on any factory Civic engine will give you more than 10hp. These are Civics not R34s, come on you should know better than to think you'll get 20-30 horses out of an exhaust.

· Registered
108 Posts
Just remember, unless you've got some Major Shizzat done to your car, you don't need more than 2.25inch piping. hell 2 inch is fine. You might not be gaining that .5 horse up top cause you're .25 inches off but who cares.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.