Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post what you have, describe the sound, how much you paid, looks, if you have a pic post it, etc.

I had a Skunk2, paid $550 shipped. Was louder than I liked it to have been, silencer flew off while on the highway.

Now have an A'PEXi WS. Has a stockish look to it, very very quiet, muffler hangs a little lower than I'd like it to. Paid $460 shipped.

Piping on both was 60mm I believe. Difference between the 2 perf wise was very negligble.

My roomate has a Comptech on his Type-S. Looks VERY stock, but is deeper and bassy. Kinda loud. 2.5" piping. He paid $350 shipped, but his was used. I like his, but like my WS more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have a spoon n1 exhaust

sounds really deep, not loud and obnausious (sp) at all.

the build of it is perfect, perfect welds and all. Looks like stock so youll have less hassel with the cops...latez on

ps: i highly recommend this exhaust

·
Registered
94 Posts
Greddy Evo I.
Somewhat loud. only when you are in higher rpm's
paid 475 shipped. looks very well and is a perfect fit to the original catback hangers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My Exhaust

I have the soon to be discontinued DC TCS exhaust. This exhaust gets a 10 out of 10 ranking for sound. Deep sporty tone which is very smooth - not unlike a larger displacement sport bike.

Fitment 10 out of 10.......

Build quality was a 5 out of 10 1 broken hanger and another broken weld. They did replace the axel back to their credit. The muffler was the only problem.

I broke 2 different DC shorty headers. No more of those for me - I'm full race now anyhow.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Anybody have Buddy Club Spec III or Apexi GT Spec exhaust?
If so I would like to see some pictures and reviews. How do you like the sound and the fitment? Did you notice any power gains after installing the exhaust?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have the Apexi World Sport exhaust?

undefinedundefinedundefinedI was wondering if anyone had any of these cat-backs?
Apexi World Sport
Thermal Research
Magnaflow
Mugen
If so can you post sound clips and pics
Thanks RJ :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
SPOON N1

So not loud and rude...thats what I want. Need for roar then scream I say. Stock is good but want a little roar, Know what I mean?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sheet One said:
fujitsubo power getter, it's got a nice deep sound to it, not too loud, and it gave me 9 whp
bs
but it is a nice exhaust. i wish i got the PG
i have magnaflow its a little to loud and way to big of a tip. i got it for $350 shipped when it first came out.there were not many choices.
i wont upgrade until i boost

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've got a comptech also...
But the progress sway/tie bar kit i got is rubbing so i had too tie the rubber mounts!!! :cry
other than that love the sound form the outside especially under acceleration and vtec. but could be quieter on the inside.
sorry, I had a Greddy MX on my 91 integra rs so I really like how that sounded all around.
for the power, 2.5 piping, fit and finish, I'd stick with comptech.

·
Registered
122 Posts
tomegun said:
SPOON N1

So not loud and rude...thats what I want. Need for roar then scream I say. Stock is good but want a little roar, Know what I mean?
You said its not to loud, I'm looking to buy a catback right now, but i honestly have no idea what to buy. I dont want something that is ridiculously sounding. I dont want something thats going to annoy me on the highway or going to make it so i cant have a conversation in my car without yelling. I just want something that gives a little roar when i start going. Know what I mean? So if you really like that let me know, and let me know if what ive said is kinda what you have in the Spoon N1 Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Use to have the HKS Hi-power exhaust. It had a great deep loud sound. Paid around 400$ for it (used). The only complaint I had was the size of the canister. I was hoping it would be a little smaller.

Currently I have the BC Speck III (Japan version). This exhaust is loud as hell and sound awesome when womp is hit. Paid around 450$ (used) and the look of it is great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
has anybody thought about the Tanabe hyper med.
it's nice and quiet, it has a nice deep tone when hitting vtec :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Greddy Evo catback, $500 when it came out in 2002, nice tone, love the sound in 3rd

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got new exhaust on 2005

Hey guys i just got my new exhasut finally..... It does fit all years of the RSX. It is made by Ansa cat back... ALL STAINLESS. I am selling them too.. 300 free shipping.. It is the sweetest low bass sound you have ever heard on a Jap car. it is tucked right in the bumber .. Very nice looking. Email me at [email protected] i will send sound clips and pics. Thanks Max

1 - 20 of 62 Posts