Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
TENZO

I GOT A CUSTOM TENZO DUAL EXHAUST AND ITS VERY DEEP AND THROATY BUT WHEN I JUMP ON IT,IT SCREAMS AND IS VERY RASPY AND LOUD!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
anyone have the apex'i N1 on the RSX, or know how it sounds?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a Skunk2 on mine...I love the way it looks and sounds....nice and deep...it gets a little raspy when vtec hits but other than that it sounds good, and it goes nicely with the sound of my injen intake...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I drive a crx w/ b16
it has a greddy sp2 sounds beutiful even with stage 2 cams it fit good considering i'm using a 92 gsr header and a 91 crx si high flow cat cant wait to hear it with a test pipe and 11.5:1 compression
but as for the RSX-S exhaust questions in my mind you cant go wrong with mugen or spoon, but not all of us have that kind of money so if you want a good exhaust that sounds deep and throaty and fits good the gredy evoII i have installed them on a few rsx-s's (05 all of them) one gat a header and an aem v2 ( that one felt like a type r when i was done) i give it a 10 out of 10 :number1

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
the old hayame cat back. i like it. nice and low and mellow. not all high pitch and raspy. doesnt weigh much. its pretty nice. ill see if i can get some pics. id recommend it. really nice sound to it! heres a pic

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Tanbe Super racing madallion on my 03 type-s. its got a good sound, not raspy at all and has depth to it. sticks out at an anlge, not like stock. over all quality seems great so far, i bought it used and i have had it for 5 months.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I just wanted to say, every single rsx I have seen on the street with an aftermarket exhaust has sounded simply amazing, kinda makes me want one. I also have no idea what brand any of them are, but of the few I have seen they all sound great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Question...???

I have a RSX-2005, i want to change the original exhaust for another one.. but i understand that when you do this the check engine light automatically goes on. What to do to avoid this... ?? :eek

Thanks for the info in advance...

·
Registered
16 Posts
i got a dc 4-2-1 header, off road cat, 2 1/2 piping magnaflow muffler with silverline tip with baffle and it is loud as hell but sound real good

·
Registered
48 Posts
Blauwtje said:
I have a RSX-2005, i want to change the original exhaust for another one.. i understand that when you do this the check engine light automatically goes on. What to do to avoid this... ?? :eek

Thanks for the info in advance...
I had my comtech for 1 year now I've never heard or seen a MIL
(It's what theyy're called now, Malfunction Indicator Lamp)
If yiu get race headers then you have a good chance of gettin a MIL.

·
Registered
18 Posts
vang004 said:
I've got a comptech also...
But the progress sway/tie bar kit i got is rubbing so i had too tie the rubber mounts!!! :cry
other than that love the sound form the outside especially under acceleration and vtec. but could be quieter on the inside.
sorry, I had a Greddy MX on my 91 integra rs so I really like how that sounded all around.
for the power, 2.5 piping, fit and finish, I'd stick with comptech.
I have a question did your check engine light go on when you changed your exhaust to one of comptech , i mean down pipe and everything??

:confused

·
Registered
18 Posts
vang004 said:
I had my comtech for 1 year now I've never heard or seen a MIL
(It's what theyy're called now, Malfunction Indicator Lamp)
If yiu get race headers then you have a good chance of gettin a MIL.
Did you change the down pipe also?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
comptech, Looks a little bigger than stock, really deep tone to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Blauwtje said:
Did you change the down pipe also?
Nope, cuz it's "cat back" and all the sensors are in the cat.
Plus it's nice cuz it's 2.5 from the cat all the way through.
2 pieces.
it is a little louder than my greddy mx on my 91 integra.
But the Comptech's not that rice loud though.
It will come on if you go to a race header.
you be fine with anything out there. There is really no exhaust
out there that SHOULD cuz the MIL to come on. I would stick
with anything "cat back". you don't want just a "muffler"

AyIdAPhUCk said:
comptech, Looks a little bigger than stock, really deep tone to it.
Don't forget EXPENSIVE too.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts