Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share these Videos with you guy's. I found them on some russian Street racing Site.

***RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS ON ALL!***

205WHP 00' Civic SIR on Dyno(All Motor)
http://www.jdmuniverse.com/hybridha...7HPDynoPull.MPG

1997 Supercharged BMW M3(476Whp) vs. Diablo on highway
http://www.enigma247.co.uk/videos/diablo.mpg

Same BMW M3 vs. Ferrari 355 on Highway
http://www.enigma247.co.uk/videos/f355.mpg

Same BMW M3 Again vs. Ferrari 360 Modena on Highway
http://www.enigma247.co.uk/videos/modena.mpg

And one more of the M3 vs. Porsche 911 Turbo on Highway
http://www.enigma247.co.uk/videos/turbo.mpg

Hope you like..... ENJOY!!

-Joe

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
projecthatch92 said:
most of these vids were reposts. the first link doesn't work.
Thanks for pointing out the first one doesn't work. I have no idea why that is. I downloaded it from that site and it worked for me. Huh... weird. I have not seen these other vids on here.. sorry.

-Joe

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah man... I was a little stunned myself. I can see it prolly beating the 355 ferrari... but not the 360 Modena. Well, actually... the one with the Modena was funny. Notice how the Modena would pull a little, then the M3 would pull him back. Frickin Crazy!!

And the sad part is.... that was an Older M3, 1997. Imagine if it was a Newer M3 and still had that supercharger on it! I think that Modena would have had his ass handed to him!

Thanks for Teh reps!

-Joe

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
blaktoutprobe said:
Yeah man... I was a little stunned myself. I can see it prolly beating the 355 ferrari... but not the 360 Modena. Well, actually... the one with the Modena was funny. Notice how the Modena would pull a little, then the M3 would pull him back. Frickin Crazy!!

And the sad part is.... that was an Older M3, 1997. Imagine if it was a Newer M3 and still had that supercharger on it! I think that Modena would have had his ass handed to him!

Thanks for Teh reps!

-Joe
that's the thing, though. the newer m3's have a compression ratio of 11.5:1. the most i have seen out of the e46(2001-2005) m3s is the active autowerke's supercharger which makes out about 440 bhp. that e36 (95-99) m3 (which has a compression ratio of 10.5:1) is from Da Motorsport in turkey and those are the old vids of when it was supercharged. they now have a GT 42 turbo and they claim they are making 1000 hp but still no dyno charts. anyways, the new m3s are definitely kick ass, but they have a certain limit to how much they can be boosted before their engines go boom. i have yet to see someone come out with a successful e46 m3 turbo kit w/o the motor blowing first. just my $.02

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the facts on the M3's! If I EVER have the $$ one day... I will be sure to pick one up. 1995-1999 or 2001-2005... it doesn't matter. They are very nice cars and have a ton of power for the price! I'm sure you like yours.

-Joe

·
Registered
43 Posts
blaktoutprobe said:

Thanks for Teh reps!

-Joe

That's the problem with centrifugal superchargers. Each time the M3 changed gears, the rpms dropped and the motor lost power, so the 360 started to pull. As the M3's rpm climbed high again, made more boost and the M3 started to pull again.

It's not surprising that a 400+whp M3 could pull on a 360 Modena. 360's are rated at 400hp at the motor, so it would dyno around 360whp. At the end of the day..... The Ferrari still has the bigger BLING..... :D

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
tubbie said:
That's the problem with centrifugal superchargers. Each time the M3 changed gears, the rpms dropped and the motor lost power, so the 360 started to pull. As the M3's rpm climbed high again, made more boost and the M3 started to pull again.

It's not surprising that a 400+whp M3 could pull on a 360 Modena. 360's are rated at 400hp at the motor, so it would dyno around 360whp. At the end of the day..... The Ferrari still has the bigger BLING..... :D
ferrari does have the bigger bling, but most people that can afford them can't drive for shit. lol. and btw, i think they dynoed that m3 at like 415 whp. plus, since those ferraris have race motors, put on more than like 20,000 miles on the engines and they'll fail.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Nice vid's. Hope they don't crash one day. The older Euro spec M3's were rated at 333 hp as well. I assume it was one of those since it was from turkey

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
CanSi2G said:
Nice vid's. Hope they don't crash one day. The older Euro spec M3's were rated at 333 hp as well. I assume it was one of those since it was from turkey
not to bust your bubble, but WRONG!! :D

the 1995 3.0 liter euro spec m3s had 286 hp

the 1996-1999 3.2 liter euro spec m3s had 321 hp

the e36 m3 engines in europe had double vanos & ITB's

this time around for the e46 m3 (2001-2005) engines, the americans weren't left out as much as they got the 333hp engines & europe and the rest of the world got a slightly more powerful engine rated at 343 bhp.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Sorry bout that I know the Euro car's had more power then the USDM car's did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts