Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys. I took my console out so i could get my shift boot off (im making a new one so i need the pattern from the old one blah blah blah, anywho....) I put my console back, everything is back together. i look down on the passenger side and noticed a fuse with a spring attached to it. So i was like fuck, that came off of something that i have no idea what is.

So, i put the keys in the ignition, turn the a/c on. That works..... My stereo works, my radar detector and equilizer (both use 12v source from stereo) work. So, i thought it could be something from my ciggarette lighter. So i plugged in my cell phone charger and zap.... my stereo shuts off, my equilizer shuts off, and my radar detector doesn't work.

So, i go to take my cell phone charger out of the cig lighter and i look at the end.... the little nipple thingey wasn't on it... so im like fuck i think i know where that fuse came from. Sure enough, the fuse and spring came from inside the cell phone charger....

Next i put the fuse back in, plugged it in... stereo still doesn't work.

Do you guys know what other fuse i could have blown as a result? Only one ican think of is this huge fuckin fuse that's by my battery (one of those monster rockford fosgate ones)

thanks for your help you guys. I don't know what im going to do with out my tunes so the sooner you guys can help me the better i am :D

thanks again,
Ryan

·
Registered
739 Posts
Pretty sure you blew the radio fuse in your driver's side fuse panel. I'm guessing that your eq and radar detector are tapped into the same circuit. Don't sweat. I'll bet money you blew the 10A or 15A for the radio.

·
Registered
167 Posts
actuall id say its the one uner the hood, i got my stereo shit jacked and the fuse in the enine bay was blown. check it out it should be marked as back-up and it's a 7.5a fuse (should be anyways) I only point that one out cue the one under the dash covers only the radio but the one in the bay covers more shit like ac memory radio stuff like that.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k67p67 said:
Pretty sure you blew the radio fuse in your driver's side fuse panel. I'm guessing that your eq and radar detector are tapped into the same circuit. Don't sweat. I'll bet money you blew the 10A or 15A for the radio.
damn, you are good :D

My detecter and visual equilizer are all tapped into the 12v source from the radio. My friend checked the fuse box for me cuz i have no clue what fuse goes to what and it was the 15A fuse.

Thanks for your helps guys.

dmny - i checked that fuse first and that thing is tough, nothing wrong with it.

Thanks again. laaate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts